Diffusing a bomb

"My baby!"

"Momma!" I say hugging her tightly.

"Jamie!!" He says pulling us apart and intercepting our affection.

"Hey Andrew." I say pulling away. I really wish he hadn't come.

"Momma you did t tell me he was coming?" I try to say in the nicest tone I can. Andrew doesn't even notice that I wasnt being sincere and he just smiles. She starts to talk but he interrupts her.

"Of course I came babe! I missed you!" He leans forward and kisses me but I don't kiss back. He looks at me kind of confused but he doesn't want to make a big deal. He puts his arm around me resting his hand on my butt and I try to scooch away but he squeezes so I can't. Scott taps me on the shoulder and I remember what I'm doing.

"Oh mom this is my friend s... Jake. He helped get me back here."

"Pleased to meet you!" He says with a very practiced tone.

"Oh thank you Jake!! I'm so glad to have my son back. Let's get home."  Andrew reaches for my hand but I move away and grab Scott's. I hope he gets the message. Andrew looks at me and clenched his jaw. He wants to yell but not infront of my mom.

"He's going to come with us." She looks at me with the why? Look.

"He's never been to Ohio and so you can get his side of the story."

"Alright! We're very glad to have you." Scott smiles at me and we are giddy. Me and Scott don't talk much on the plane. Mainly because Andrew sits inbetween us and he also won't stop talking.

"You missed a gorgeous ceremony Jamie. Our wedding was going to be perfect."

"I'm sorry." I really am. I do feel guilty. Mainly to my parents for wasting all of that money. But he does have this delusion I like him so he's probably going to be in for a lot of surprises.

"It's fine. We can always have another one." Another one. Yeah.

We get back to my airport. My state. My air. Familiar ground feels amazing. I never want to leave. We pull into my driveway and it looks like the whole town is at my moms house. I walk into the door and can't make it  5 feet with out getting a hug from one of the neighbors. Eventually I find myself encircled by everyone.

"So tell us the story." Some one says with expecting eyes. I see Scott trying to slip away but I need him here to help me line up the story.

"Uh alright but I'm going to need help from Jake." The crowd turns to look at him and he pauses.

"Uh alright."  He joins me in the circle and puts his arm around me on my hip.

"Well I'm sure you guys already know that I fell off Sullys boat at my bachelor party." A fair amount of the crowd nods.

"Well......" I pause not knowing how to start this.

"I was vacationing in Mexico and he washed up on the beach." Scott jumps in and saves me.

"I was swimming and I saw him floating so I brought him in and helped him until he was able to get us here."

"Oh come on there has to be more to the story than that!" Andrew presses.

"It's really not a super dramatic story. He just saved me and nursed me back to health. For that I do owe him my life." I say smiling at him. He smiles back and they say aww.

"Well he's probably tired let's let him get some rest." Andrew says pulling me downstairs towards our apartment. Scott looks at me with sad eyes but I can't stop this and neither can he. I need to deal with Andrew. Plus he's getting flooded with attention and questions.  I follow Andrew downstairs and prepare myself.