15. Labels

Coach Frail was more encouraging. He told us to stay calm and work harder. He went over plays with us then we went back on the court. We shot free throws until time went down. I was in again and Bianca was passing the ball to me and we were off again. At the end of the game, it was a close one, but we won by 5 points! We all hugged each other and yelled and the whole stadium cheered for us. When we got back to the locker room we were yelling and I was super excited that I won my first game. After about 5 minutes of cheering the locker room door slams shut. We all get quiet and watch coach walks in. "I don't understand why you ladies are so happy" coach said mean.

"Coach we won" Felicity said laughing.

"You call that winning? By fuckin 5 points! What a joke!" he says and I stare at him confused. "Every single one of you played terrible" he yells. Ouch? That was really mean. I look around at all the girls and they look devastated. Oh wow, how I wanted to say something. He stares at all of us and shakes his head. "Be ready for practice tomorrow, its 2 hours earlier just because the guys play tomorrow" he said leaving. The whole locker room was quiet.

"I know we won the game but why do I feel like we lost?" Bianca said.

"He is just an ass" Heather said throwing her jersey to the ground.

"That was really harsh what he just said. Like how do I like put this all in my mind" Felicity said.

"Well I think he can kiss my ass" I said taking off my jersey. Some of the girls laugh. "You guys we won! That's all that matters right now! We got tons of people out there who are happy for us and want to celebrate with us. Who cares about coach right now? It's our time to be happy!" I said and some of the girls started agreeing with me.

"Alright freshmen" Heather said smirking.

"Harrison right guys. It's our night!" Bianca said and I smile.

"House of Japan, here we come!" Felicity said playing some music and all the girls started to get hype again. Now to talk to coach. I walk out of the locker room in my basketball shorts and sports bra into coach's office. He was standing up at his desk looking through papers. I slam the door shut and he looks at me.

"I'm not in the mood" he said.

"Well too bad! Derek, what you said in there was awful, you made us all feel like shit!"

"You guys should feel like shit, you played like it"

"Fuck you"

"HEY!" he shouts. "I'm still your coach!" he said coming up to me. I stare at him and shake my head.

"This must be how you really are, huh?" I said and he stares at me. "You are awful" I said. He scratches his chin and started to relax. "We're going out to House of Japan, for a victory dinner. You know, since we won. It'll be nice if our coach came and not be such an asshole" I said going to the door and stopped and turned around. "Oh if you do come, the girls will expect an apology" I said leaving. After I got dress in the locker room I went to meet my parents and grandparents and they congratulated me. I'm so excited I got to see my parents tonight. It felt good to have them in my presence. I usually tell my mom everything but I'm not sure how she would feel about this whole coach and player relationship. After our small family reunion, I decided to head back to the dorm to get ready for dinner. Jamie and Carson were yelling for me as I walked into the dorm. "Chill" I said.

"Great game!" Jamie said.

"Thank you" I say going to get in the shower. After my shower, I changed into my skinny jeans, boot heels, and a nice top and let my hair hang curly.