28. Cinderella

Nathan came over later that night and told us that they won. Both basketball teams were doing really good and I was happy about that. About 2am Nathan decided to leave.

"I'll pick you ladies up at 5:45pm" he said.

"We will be ready" Jamie said and they kissed goodnight and he left. I called it a night and went to bed. The next day Jamie and I went to eat lunch because we already had missed breakfast. By the time we got back it was time to get ready. Jamie got in the shower first then me. Jamie wore the pretty long purple dress and curled her hair. I wore this skin tight red dress, no bra or undies, with a long slit at the bottom going to my thigh with my black heels. I straightened my hair and kept my make-up dark. "You look amazing" Jamie said staring at me.

"Stop, you look so beautiful Jamie" I said.

"I look like an amateur compared to you. Look at that ass, and are you even wearing a bra or a thong?" she said and we laugh.

"We both are beautiful, let's take a picture" I said pulling her into the bathroom and we took a selfie and I uploaded the picture to Instagram and Twitter. Jamie squeezes my butt.

"I knew it! You aren't" she said and I laugh. After about 10 minutes Nathan texts Jamie here and we went downstairs.

"Whew! You ladies look so beautiful" Nathan said staring at us and him and Jamie kiss.

"My oh my" someone said and I look to see Trevor and I smiled. "You look gorgeous.........freshmen" he said smirking and I smile.

"Thanks Trev" I said and a blonde girl walks up from behind him. Why are they always blonde?

"Vanessa this is Carlie and Carlie this is Vanessa" Trevor said.

"Nice to meet you" she said shaking my hand.

"You too" I said.

"You look absolutely amazing" she said.

"Thank you and so do you" I said and she smiles. 

"Let's get this show on the road" Nathan yells and we get into his truck. I sat on the other side of Trevor. I felt so single. When we arrived at the party, Nathan escorted Jamie and Trevor did the same for Carlie.

"Great, I'll just walk in alone" I said to myself. I walk in and so many people look and stared at me. It was honestly a Cinderella moment except they looked at me for coming with no date I was pretty sure.

"Get down here you sexy beast!" I heard Heather scream and everyone started laughing. I walk down and over to her.

"I hate you" I said and she laugh.

"No you don't and you are beautiful" she said kissing my cheek. I walk over to Coach Iles and his wife and congratulated them then went to get a drink at the drink table.

"Please be some alcohol over here" I whispered to myself.

"Little too young for that aren't you Harrison?" someone said and I look over to see Derek. He looked more handsome than ever. It was my Prince Channing moment. And I do mean Channing. He smiles at me and slowly looks me up and down. "You look...............absolutely stunning Vanessa. You're breathtaking" he said. My stomach fills with butterflies and my heart started beating fast.

"Thank you coach" I said smiling. "And you look very handsome" I added smiling at him and he stares at me.

"Thank you" he said.

"Ugh the bathrooms here are so disgusting" someone said and Hillary comes up to us. She hooks her arm with Derek then looks at me. He looks down and I look at her. "Hey you are that soccer basketball girl" she said.

"It's Vanessa" Derek said looking at her.

"Sure, you clean up..............nice" she said looking for something to drink.

"Thank you" I said moving out of her way.

"Go ahead compliment me" she said and I stare at her in her cream dress.

"You look very beautiful Hillary" I said.

"Thank you, I know. This is from a designer in Paris" she said. I look over at Derek and he just stares at me.

"I'm going to go find my seat now, it was good to see you two" I said and walked over to sit next to Bianca. Bianca leans over to me and whispers in my ear.

"You and Coach make a much better couple, and by the way you look amazing" she said and I laugh.

"So do you" I said and she hugs me.

"If everyone can take their seats I would like to get this over with" Coach Iles said and everyone laughs and finds a seat. "I am proud to say that I've been with this women for 43 long ass years. I was a jerk, mean, stubborn and anything else but she still saw through to me. There are those you come across that theres not a day that goes by that your heart doesn't stop pumping so fast when you see them" coach was saying. I look over at Derek and he was already looking at me and I put my head down. "I love you honey and I couldn't have asked for a better wife to be with" he said and everyone claps and she kisses him.

"That was very sweet. I love you some much and you are everything I always wanted in a man. Theres not a day that goes by that I'm not happy because I either fall asleep with you or wake up next to you and thats all I ever want" she says and we all smile. She looks out at everyone. "As a young women I was very aggressive, when I wanted something I go get it. All I'm saying is love has no age, color, or religion on it. If you want someone you go get them" she said making eye contact with me. Why is she looking at me? "And that's exactly what I did" she said and we all clap and she kissed Coach Iles.

"Please everyone, eat food, dance on the floor and have a great time" Coach Iles said. A slow song started to play and I'm pretty sure everyone except me got on the floor to dance with someone. What the fuck? Maybe I should of came with a date. How embarrassing. It was a Sam Smith song which made me even more sad that I didnt have someone to dance with me. I tried to stare at my phone long enough but I couldn't take it. I got up and went around back to the actual lake and sat on a bench. I wanted to go but I came here with people.

"Chill Harrison. Having a boyfriend is not everything. I'm here for Coach Iles. I need to focus on school and basketball. That's all what is important" I said to myself.

"What are you doing out hereHarrison?" someone said and I turned around to see Derek.