21. PLAYED

"If you want to think that then okay" I said.

"But you wear things like that to tempt me"

"It shows you what you can have if you just put a label on us"

"Why are pushing this so much?"

"Why aren't you pushing it enough?"

"I'm not going to fight with you" he said.

"I'm going to bed" I said standing up. I walk down the hall to him room and got in bed. After about 10 minutes he walks in and gets in bed. I turn over to look at him.

"I respect what you are doing" he said pulling me closer to him. I rub my hands over his chest and kissed him. "You should get to sleep, game day tomorrow" he said. I smile then closed my eyes and went to bed. The next morning, Derek was up before me. He came out the bathroom and smiled at me. "Morning beautiful" he said.

"Morning" I said getting out of bed. I look at the clock and it was about 10am. I went to put on my sweats then went to brush my teeth. "I should get going" I said walking into the kitchen to Derek.

"So early?" he said smirking at me.

"Yea I know" I said walking up to him and he wraps his arms around me.

"Alrighty, I'll see you tonight" he said kissing me.

"Okay" I said and went to grab my keys and drove back to my dorm. Jamie was doing her make-up in the bathroom. This has gone far enough. "Jamie" I said and she looks over at me. "I'm sorry for blowing up on you awhile back. This is getting old and I'm tired of us giving each other the silent treatment" I said and she continues to stare.

"I'm sorry too, you know for butting into you and... Derek's relationship" she said looking down.

"I really like him" I said and she kind of smiles.

"I know and I shouldn't had judge him so hard like I did" she said and I smile.

"So are we cool? Can I have my friend back" I said and she laughs.

"Let's hug it out" she says and we hug.

"We are so lame" I said. I would have brought up the whole telling Trevor thing but it wasn't important.

"Game day" she said.

"Yea" I said going to grab some fresh clothes.

"You are going to kill it like you always do"

"How would you know?" I said laughing.

"I haven't missed a game of yours yet Vanessa" she said and I look at her.

"You serious?"

"Yes, just because we weren't talking doesn't mean I wasn't supporting you"

"You are the best" I said and she smirks.

"Yea I know" she said and we laugh. I walk to the bathroom and turned around to look at her.

"Awhile ago, you asked me if Derek has ever called me his girlfriend. No he hasn't and he still hasn't. I've haven't had sex with him again because of that. He told me he has reasons why we can't be what I want us to be" I said.

"Maybe their good reasons" she said. I can tell she was trying to be supportive.

"I hope so" I said then got in the shower. After I got out I went to get something to eat, pay some bills, return library books, have lunch with Trevor and get a work out in before the game.

"See you tonight" Jamie said as I was about to leave.

"Thank you Jamie" I said and she smiles and I jog over to the gymnasium. I go into the locker room and went to get changed at my post.

"These girls are giants" Felicity said.

"Yea they are pretty big but are they winners like us? Don't think so" Heather said and we laugh.

"Coach coming in 5" someone shouts. We all finish changing and Coach West came in.

"Another game, another win, am I right?" he said and all the girls yell and he laughs. "Starters are going to be Bianca, Heather, Felicity you are playing guard, Harrison you are playing point and McCarthey you are playing post" he said and we shook our heads. Then something happened I never thought would happen in a million years. Behind coach, his ex-blonde headed bimbo Hillary sneaks in behind him and covered his eyes. He moves her hands from his eyes and look at her. "Hillary.............." he said.

"Hi babe" she said kissing him and he lets her. I look down at my shoes. Am I dreaming? This cannot be real. They broke up, right? All the girl's awed and laugh and I look back up and coach pulls back.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I'm back from Paris and wanted to surprise you silly! I've been gone too long, I hated being away from you" she said kissing him again. What the actual fuck! He knew she was gone! He played me! He seriously was still dating her while hooking up with me. I felt my head get hot. No wonder why he didn't want to label us. I was his rebound, I was the fuckin side chick!

"We should go and talk" Coach said to Hillary. "Uhh ladies, see you out on the court" he said and Hillary and him walk out the locker room.

"They are so cute" Heather said.

"He's going to propose to her" Felicity said and I look up at her.

"What? Shut up Felicity" Heather said and the girls laugh.

"I'm serious. I found the wedding ring in his office so yes he's going to propose to her" Felicity said shutting her locker.

"Well damn........." Heather said.

"Go coach" Bianca said and all the girls laugh. My heart started beating real fast and I feel little pieces of my heart were being broken. How could he do this to me? "Harrison!" Bianca said and I look at her and the girls stare at me.

"What?" I said.

"Did you not hear me?"

"I guess not" I said and she smirks.

"I said are you ready?" she asked.

"Sure" I said standing up. All thegirls ran out of the locker room and I was the last one to leave. Usually wasright before Derek would stop me and kiss me for good luck. A tear dropped downand I wiped it away and ran out on the court.