Unknown Cause

"EHHH! What is this!?" Tsuna exclaimed as his brain tried to process what was it seeing.

He held the Leon mirror with shaking hands as his reflection looked back in disbelief. Closing his eyes for a minute, in hopes that he was just hallucinating, he opened them again expecting it to be different. But it still didn't change. Ignoring the blood smeared on his left cheek, he drew his attention to the two supposedly brown orbs. The color of his right eye was its usual caramel brown, but the partnered pair held a sparkling sapphire blue.

"Tsuna?" Iemitsu spoke up. "Do you remember what happened in your dream?"

"Eh? My... dream?" Tsuna parroted not sure where his father was getting at.

"Is there any relevance in the importance of this dream, baka-Iemitsu?" Reborn asked as he plucked Leon out of the loose grip of his student.

"You said, 'Giotto' in your sleep before the fit started," the brunette's eyes widened in surprise.

"I-I....I don't..." the young boss tried to push through the barriers that were blocking his path to the dream... the memory. However, with every push, it slams back at him twice over, tiring him out. The voiceless consciousness of his intuition was screaming back at him to remember... to get to the memory and remember why he suddenly felt the sands of the hourglass emptying quickly.

"Tsuna, do you remember anything?"

But that feeling quickly transformed to dread. Heart clenched and his vision blurred as he tried to recall the dream. Despite his efforts, he couldn't remember even an image, and it was causing more pain for him as he continued to push. He was sure, for some reasoning in his heart; the dream was a sign... A dreadful sign of something that is going to pass, dragging him, and everyone around him, along with it... and he can't even recall its importance!

Nausea overcame him after his fifth attempt at pushing through the barrier, vision blurring to a vortex of colors.

Reborn, about to add another lump on his student for falling asleep, stopped mid-track in noticing the pale complexion. Not liking the connection his mind was making, gazing at the blaring red on the white shirt, he gently touched the supposedly grip-wounded area. Never, did he expect for the teen to topple over revealing what the boy was hiding underneath him. Cursing, Reborn tore the fabric of the shirt exposing the so-called clenching wound... and cursed another mouthful at his amateurish mistake.

Iemitsu jumped into action upon seeing the damage, pulled the passed out teen into his arms, and rushed out of the door without any hesitation or explanation. The others, not being able to see due to the father and Reborn being in the way, ran after feeling the urgency.

Reborn and Rena stayed behind, quite to their thoughts. They didn't need to guess where the Outside Advisor was heading. There was no point in them rushing to that place when they knew it would take a long time for them even to see the brunette conscious again if what they saw was any indication.

"Reborn-sama... that was-"

"Yeah... that was a sword wound," the hitman replied looking down at the large crimson patch his student was sitting on. He was still in shock at not being able to detect the metallic scent earlier. Then again, it has been almost six months since he last took up a mission as a hitman, so he hasn't been exposed to such large amounts of blood in a long time. "Tch...I must be losing my touch..."

"Did you say something?" Rena asked when he heard his voiced comment.

"No, let's head on up to where everyone is," he replied, jumping onto her shoulder as they walked out.

....

"Dammit! How long are they going to take to heal the wound closed!?" Iemitsu yelled furiously as he and the others waited in a private lobby.