Mason - a life story

Sometimes I think I'm like a film. You see my posters and assume you know what I'm like, but it's not until you take the time and get to know me that you realise I'm more than the few pictures you saw printed on your local bus.

I grew up in New York. My mum and dad own a gardening business; ironic really, our surname is Gardner. I'm an only child. I have a cousin but I've never met her.
I've been through 11 schools in my lifetime: I moved from 10 because I was scared. When I attended Yancy academy a few years ago I saw our maths teacher as a horrific, hell-like creature with leathery wings. One time I was forced to go to a military academy by my father and - I swear I'm not lying - our deputy head had a large, spiked tail and occasionally claws. But I finally moved to a normal school and stayed there until I was 16.
I was quite popular there, and I was happy.

Until one lunchtime.
There was a group of four girls: I don't remember all their names, only one of them. Canna was the one with beautiful red hair, a pixie cut and blue eyes. They were talking about something. I listened in and became astonished. The two new girls, Ivy and Aspen were satyrs. Canna and her friend, Alcina, were demigods. I listened to their conversation, and I realised why I could see what I saw. I was only a mortal, but I had the sight. I could see past the monsters' Mist disguises. And then I heard they had to leave and resolved to follow them. I was part of their world, I knew I was. Even if they didn't.
Maybe it was time for my sequel.

Please vote and comment if you're enjoying our fanfic, sorry we're late on chapters, but we hope you liked this small chapter instead!