Chapter 15 - Canna

Numb. That's all I could feel. Mason was gone. I wasn't home. Monsters were real. I took a deep breath in an effort to feel something , anything. Then the tears started to flow. Someone dragged me past a tree on a hill , I didn't care who , and towards a camp. After a moment I regained my senses and looked around. A glowing aura seemed to be radiating above Alcina's head , haloed by a large symbol. I couldn't care less at how strange this looked , Mason's body still lingered in my thoughts. I felt the tears threatening to spill and quickly tried to focus on something else.

Suddenly a warm glow surrounded me , brown as potting soil. It seemed weaker than the warm light enveloping Alcina but I didn't have time to dwell on it as a cheering mass on teenagers dragged me towards a large wooden cabin , coated roof to floor in moss and greenery. As I was ushered in I could see a dungaree clad boy , willing the plants to grow into a message 'Welcome' they spelt. A small marigold erupted from the building , forming the 'e'. Despite this , I felt no smile creep onto my face. I forced a small grin as they showed me around the cabin. I spotted my bed in the far corner , nestled in a curtain of vines that bloomed into white flowers as I walked past. Suddenly , I felt a hand tap my shoulder.

"Hey! I'm Katie , Katie Gardiner!" She seemed friendly enough , but her face seemed too familiar. I shrugged it off and let her continue "I've heard about you , you go to the same school as my cousin! You might know him , his name is Mason" the emotions flooded forward and I felt the tears start to spew from my eyes , I sat down on the bed and started to let out my sobs.

"M-Mason is d-dead" I choked out , a fresh set of cries springing forth as I said it. I felt the hand on my shoulder again as Katie sat down.

"Hey ," she cooed "I know ... We- we all know ... I was thinking , maybe you want to help me bury him? He deserves a proper send off..." Without thinking , I nodded and gripped her hand , both of us dissolving into bitter tears.

TECHNICALLY IT ISNT LATE YET SO HA
Anyway
Please vote and comment if you are enjoying our fanfic, stereotypical author's note etc
AND REMEMBER
THAT WHATEVER HAPPENS
YOU CAN TAKE COMFORT IN KNOWING THAT YOU WILL PROBABLY NEVER EMBARRASS YOURSELF MORE THAN I DO DAILY
             ~Emu is here