Chapter 2

19 years ago - Mahismathi

'Warriors are neither born or made, they create themselves by exploring themselves through pain and suffering and by the ability to conquer their own imperfections. The giant in front of you is no bigger than the god in you so be focused and keep introspecting yourselves to bring out your best' his reverberating voice echoed through the walls of the hall, while the teenagers and youngsters stood rooted to their spot focusing each and every word slipped from his mouth and his body language. He has been an inspiration to every person there. Just in the age of 18 he excelled in every war techniques that the Mahismathi warriors practiced and still wishes to learn more. In is not at all necessary for any crown prince to teach and train war skills but his big heart and kind nature of sharing the knowledge he gained is one of his best in born qualities.  'Our only aim should be protecting people even if it is going to cost your life. Many criminals could be hanged to death but not a single innocent should be punished. Being a hier to the kingdom anybody can become a prince or king but not everyone can become a warrior. No doubt that you all are going to become the best warriors in the world but being good human requires more practice than what a warrior requires. Help the needy, be generous but not stupidly generous, respect women and protect them and be kind and polite to everyone' he continued further, meanwhile a guard came with Rajmata's summon. 'Ok.. enough of today's philosophy' Baahubali said with a tinge of mockery and instructed his students to continue their practice. Students always admired his focused nature 'just few minutes back he was all into training and next moment he turns friendly' few teenagers whispered among themselves, listening to their whispers Baahubali winked at them gaining sheepish smile in turn. He then directly went to meet Rajmata along with Kattapa.

'Rajmata.. you summoned me?' asked Baahubali taking blessings from her. 'yeahh Baahu... Since you are soon going to be King of Mahismathi, I wish that you take a tour around our subordinate Kingdoms to know the welfare of the people' said Sivagami, Queen mother (Rajmata) of Sivagami. 'As you say Rajmata' said Bahubali. 'Rajmata do you think it is wise to send the Crown Prince on this tour before the time of crowning ceremony' asked the Minister (Rajmantri). 'Rajmantri, only if a prince steps out of the palace he will come to know about the lives publics are living', justified Sivagami in her usual convincing tone. 'Baahu.. take  Kattapa along with you' she continued. 'Rajmata, do show some mercy on me. I'm bored taking this old man along with me everywhere; he is killing me reciting the same old stories' complained Baahubali innocently. Smiling at his innocence 'dont worry Baahu, by the time you return you would have your wife ready to recite you new interesting stories' said Rajmata. Blushing and smiling widely he left the court.  

19 years ago - Kunthala Desam

She won again! Her brother slammed his thighs in pride. 'Bhale Devasena', he said. She stood gracefully her eyes shining like agates beholding a rare sense of confidence and victory. Though this was not the first sword fight she is winning, but every time she fights the person who is way elder to her in both age and experience. Coming up to stage of the palace grounds, she took her blessings from her father like brother. With the age gap of almost 25 years he always seemed like a father to her. 
'He blessed caressing her head. You always make us proud Devasena’ he said looking at his wife standing by his side. 'Tell us what you want for your birthday' asked her Vadina. 'As you are turning 23 tomorrow, we shall plan something big' said her brother in excitement. 'I wish to arrange a big feast for the entire Kunthala Kingdom and public. Every person must feel full and happy' Devasena said dreamily. 'As you say dear' he said and instructed Rajmantri to start with the needed arrangements for the feast tomorrow, he also instructed him to arrange for various artistry performances to entertain the people. ‘Make sure everything is organized perfectly’ he said and whisked to his chamber.

Inside her chamber, ‘do you know? I won won today’, she said animatedly to him, only he has seen this side of hers. ‘What? Why are you looking at me like that? she asked him. ‘I know you are proud of me. Thank you’ she continued. You know what? It’s my birthday tomorrow. I have asked Annaya to arrange feast for the entire kingdom and public, she gushed happily. ‘Okay now tell me what are you going to gift me.. I hope you will surprise me with something big’ she said and went for changing.