Chapter 49

GRACE

A day had passed and now, I was still with Harry. I was starting to feel bad for staying at Harry's for so long, I needed to figure something out. I couldn't just stay there forever. My plan was to find another place in the city to stay because I felt that I was intruding.

Harry chewed on an apple, "I said no, Bella."

Bella asked, "Daddy, please!"

Harry shook his head, "It's not happening, Sweetheart."

Joey said, "Yeah, Bella, it's not happening. You know that Dad is the boss of this house. He makes the rules. Whatever he says, goes."

Harry added, "You're not going either."

Joey groaned, "Really? You don't make the rules, you know. In this house, everyone is the boss. Equal rights for all!"

"Honey, I got this. Joey, you're not allowed to go out with your friends," Harry said. "Because Bella isn't allowed to go out with a boy. I'm just trying to be fair."

Bella said, "Daddy, it's just one play date. He's my friend! We're going to paint together and play games! It's not like we're going to kiss!"

Harry asked, "Why did you have that in your head?"

Bella scrunched her nose up, "Because it's something I would never do. Yuck! Gross!"

"Sorry, Sweetheart," Harry said. "I don't like the fact that the word play date ends with date. And what happened to all your girl friends? I'm I'm not very pleased that you have boy friends now. What happened to Angela? She's a nice girl. Go on a play date with her."

I said, "Harry, come on. She's literally ten years old. Don't be so hard on her. The last thing you want is her sneaking out of the house to meet her secret boyfriend when she's a teenager because you didn't let her go out herself. Am I right?"

Harry widened his eyes, "She would never."

Bella gagged, "Boyfriend? Gross!"

Harry nodded in satisfaction, "That's more like it."

"Okay, Bella. As your Mummy, I have a say in this too," I said. "You are going on a play date with him."

Bella cheered, "Yes!"

Harry shook his head, "No."

Bella frowned, "Oh."

"Harry," I smacked his elbow lightly. "Do you want your daughter turning into a rebellious teenager when she grows up because her father doesn't want her to breathe the same air with someone of the opposite gender?"

"Okay, fine." Harry said. "You can go. But Joey's going with you."

Joey asked, "Why me?"

"Because you're her big brother and when I'm not there to protect her, you have to." Harry explained. "You both are going. Oh, and keep an eye on them."

Joey groaned, "I don't want to go. It's going to be boring."

Harry hummed and probably made up what he said next, "I heard he has a cute little sister."