Chapter 67

GRACE

A few minutes prior.

I was just coming out of the bathroom. I had finished washing my hands and threw the paper towel in the bin. I tried my best to get the dryer to work, but it was so damn difficult. It was pissing me off.

I gave the dryer a light smack and held my hands under it. I smacked it a couple more times. Finally, I gave it a big push. I groaned when it still wouldn't turn on. I turned around and saw that there was a little girl who was in the washroom as well, staring at me like I was some crazy woman. I glared at her, ''What are you looking at?''

''At how dumb you are,'' She stuck her tongue out and fixed her glasses as she laughed at me. ''You're supposed to press the button.''

''Oh, you're a little miss know it all, aren't you?'' I challenged. ''What are you doing here?''

''Hey, I'm just saying. I'm smart. There's even a sign,'' She raised her hands in the air, ''I'm here with my Dad. I'm surprised you didn't know how to do that yourself. Ha, loser.''

''Trust me,'' I muttered and pointed to my stomach, ''You do not want to talk back to me because I have a baby inside my stomach and will not hesitate to kick your smart book loving ass.''

''Meanie!'' She frowned and crossed her hands. "It's not a surprise to me that you're pregnant because you look it."

I challenged. ''You do not want to mess with me, child.''

She only laughed and said, ''Whatcha gonna do? Call my parents?''

''Annoying kids like you bother me so much,'' I muttered and confidently answered, ''I'm not going to call your parents but I am going to get you in trouble. You know the boss, right? Yeah, he's my boyfriend.''

''Ha,'' She laughed, ''You wish.''

''Oh, it's the truth,'' I smirked and rubbed my stomach, ''He's the reason this baby's inside of me.''

She scrunched up her nose, ''It's a shame your baby's going to turn out anything like you. And I mean personality and looks.''

I glared and warned, ''You have five seconds to run.''

''Oh look at me, I'm so scared!'' She made fun of the situation and pretended to be scared. She waved her hands around in the air.

I rolled my eyes and pushed her out of the way. I walked out of the toilet and left her in there. I locked the door, annoyed by her behavior. I said, ''Have fun getting out!''

''Doesn't bother me!'' She called from inside the bathroom, ''By the way, you'd be a terrible mother!''

I started to walk away and called back, ''It's not like your parents did a good job!''

Jesus Christ, what a day. I walked down the hall and received a few glances from people that I knew or people that knew of me. I know that these people think I've been acting a little crazy lately, but I'm not even that bad.

I saw someone who dropped their papers down in the hallway. I rushed over to help them, because I genuinely am a kind person and said, ''I'll help you.''

The person thanked me and picked their papers up. When they looked up and realized it was me, they widened their eyes and whispered, ''It's the her.''

I scoffed, ''Excuse me? I literally just helped you.''

He only seemed shocked and ran off. I sighed. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Blaze standing behind me. He helped me up and said, ''Hey. Long time, no talk.''