Chapter 2.

Jack

This place was off Mercy medical center.

Like let's have dead people and people that could be serial killers in the same building. What if one of the dead people was the serial killer vic- okay Jack where the fuck are you going with that? I may really need Therapy.

I walked into Dr.Spencers room.

"Jack?" He asked. At least he cares enough to know my name. I nodded.

"Sit I don't bite." Yeah cause the first thing I think of is you trying bite me. I really need to work out my anger issues.

I sat down. "So Jack why are you here?" "Isn't that your job?" Smartass mood turn on. "Touché but I need to at least know why you chose to come here." I nearly scoffed at his statement. "Do you think I chose to come here? I'm being forced so I don't fail." I crossed my arms. "Jack I'm just trying help you." "I don't need help." "Are you in love?" "No." "Are you scared of people." "A little." "Are you scared of being left behind?" "A little." "Are you scared of ducks?" "Wait what?" "Just checking that you were paying attention."

Well that took a turn for the unexpected. Who's afraid of ducks? Then again I ran away from one that ran after me when I was like 11. It was chasing me. It was quaking at me and running after me.

"I am scared of ducks." "Well I don't know how to reply to that Jack." "One gave me childhood issues." "How?" "It chased me and was like QUACK QUACKKKKKKKK QUACKKKKKK!"

The therapist stared at me. "Okay well that's all the time we have for today." "That's bullshit I don't believe a word of it." "That's your choice but I have other people to see."

I rolled my eyes and left waving softly to Isobel as I did so. The door I needed to go out was locked so I had to walk threw the hospital. I hate hospitals. I've I could never step foot in one again. I wouldn't.

I was walking out and saw Isobel following me so I stopped.

"Sorry Jack I'm just going to see my son. Didn't mean to bother you." Besides her looking like she was gonna beat me with a ruler she was a nice person.

"Your son?" "Yeah there was a school shooting a year back and him trying to be a big hero he fought the guy with the gun and got thrown into a wall. Hit his head and has been in a coma every since." I stared in either shock or disbelief. "That happened at my school."

It did I remember that day clearly I was walking into the cafeteria when the shot went off and was pulled into the hallway. We weren't pushed outside I never even learned the kids name.

"I'm sorry Mrs.Gaskarth for you having to go threw this." "It's not your fault Alex was stubborn." I nodded. "Would you like to see him?" She asked.

What am I going to say? No I would not like to see a dying body. I nodded and walked with her into the poor boys room.

I look over and that's when I didn't think I wanted to eat ever again. That was Alex. That was the Alex I met in the hallway today. He didn't float though.

Cause he is in a coma dumbass.

Shut up I know this now.

I'll never leave you alone Jack.

I know.

Isobel cried at her sons bed side and I knew what I had to do. Luckily my phone beeped and I told Isobel that my mom wanted me home when in truth my friend Zack texted me telling me he was stealing my ketchup.

I walked out and walked back to the school and slipped threw a cafeteria window.

Vic and Kellin were sitting on a table.

"Kellin! Vic!" I whisper shouted. "Jack don't worry the guards are only at the front entrances they can't hear you." I nodded. "Have you seen Alex?" "Someone call?"

I turned and I don't know if I was scared or pissed. Did I have a right to be pissed. No I didn't know him before the coma but he didn't make me seem like a fucking weirdo earlier.

"So Alex how's the coma?" I asked. Okay that was harsh.

Alex's P.O.V

"So Alex how's the coma?" Jack asked looking at me and that's when I nearly punched a wall. How the heck did he find out. Bloody hell.

"Jack...How did you even know that?" "It's call your mom works at my therapist office and the doors were locked so I had to walk threw the hospital and I was taken to your room after talking to your mom." "You've talked to my mum?" "That's not the point Alex!"

He shouted and look I don't know hurt but why?

"What is the point then Jack?" "The point is I know that you couldn't come off the bat and say yeah I'm in a coma but Jesus Christ I had a conversation with those two dimwits in front of you." He was rudely interrupted by Kellin.

"We are not dimwits just weird dead people." I rolled my eyes and looked back at Jack.

"Jack they are gonna pull my life line soon that's the only reason I'm appearing." "Excuse me." "I need to find something worth coming back for."