The Paladin

March

March. March. March. Left, right. Left, right. Left, right. This is the pattern that is going through my head. I am Kronos, A Paladin of Illmater. I was chosen to be a Warrior within the Church of Illmater located within Baldurs Gate. I was privileged to be able to lead a campaign with the rest of the order located within Baldurs Gate. Currently, we are marching onwards to the Battle of the Bones to slay the Evil of the tower looming there. Vampires are usually a threat, they are blood thirsty, vile, creatures that use people for there own benefit. Not all vampires are evil though. I am currently traveling with one as an ally. He is a vampire by origin and is a skilled fighter. He knows what we are up against and that makes him a valuable asset. He goes by Dragic. Myself though, I'm more worried about my final battle. Will I survive this battle? Actually, why would I be worried? I have no one but Illmater to return home to. My parents were priests of the church in Baldurs Gate but they were slain when the ogres attacked with a bunch of kolbolds. I have no family, nothing to loose, so I should fight my best. If I die, I will be remembered as a hero. For Illmater and for Baldurs Gate. This is the biggest fight of my life so far, even though I am leading a force of 50 paladins against hordes of undead and shadow creatures. The paladins are not the only ones fighting here today, my friends are joining me. Vahn, the human barbarian, he has joined me for the campaign. I have known him for most my life. He is a decent fighter, but a valuable ally. I have fought and protected his tribe in many battles. So he owes me a favor. I also am traveling with a dragonbourne. It may seem strange, but he owes me his life. I have saved him on multiple occasions but, my respect for him is great. He proves to be a valuable ally. He has the power to... say things. He has literally blown someone to pieces by talking. My dwarven friend, Kromlech, I left him in Baldurs Gate. He is the Captain of the Guard, the protector of Baldurs Gate. He is a loyal dear friend of mine, who I care to much for. I knew he would want to accompany me in the battle, but his size would get the best of him. I told him to stay and protect the city, they would need him. As we keep on marching the tower comes into view now. "Prepare for battle!" We stop, assume battle formation and watch as the dead rise. Skeletons start storming out of the tower. Astral beings appear out of thin air. It's a good thing we have an army, because this is going to be one hell of a battle.