The Fighter

BEFORE THE DEPARTURE FROM BALDURS GATE

"Are you sure you don't need the help of the guard, Kronos?" I was trying everything in my power to help the noble warrior, Kronos

"Are you sure you don't need the help of the guard, Kronos?" I was trying everything in my power to help the noble warrior, Kronos. He was a Paladin of Illmater. A warrior chosen by the Great deity. He was the leader of the branch of paladins located in Baldurs Gate in the Church of Illmater. I believe he is well on his way the angel-hood. He is selfless and protects others, without any thought about his own life. He is a natural born leader and awesome swordsman. "Yes I am sure, Kromlech. We need all the guards present here in town incase they decide to launch a counter attack before we get back", Kronos spoke loud and with leadership engraved in his vocals. Stern but reassuring at the same time. He saddled onto his horse and sat staring around the town. Then at the army. Back at the town. "We will meet again old friend. I promise you". "I shall long for that day, and we will drink in celebration of the victory for this campaign", I replied. I started off with this rest of his companions and paladins, walking towards the gate. I left them, standing at the gate, eagerly waiting their return. I turned around. All the guards under my command assumed a attentive position. "What are your orders, sir?" said my second in command. I looked at him, "Resume your daily patrols, as you were." I continued back to the center of the city.  I decided to sit at a bench around the fountain in the center of the city. It must have been hours before I got up. Once I stood up I realized it was my duty now to protect the city again. It's dark now, I should head to the main guard barracks and turn in.

3 DAYS AFTER THE DEPARTURE FROM BALDURS GATE

It's been three days, they haven't returned. There is a tower in the middle of the city, where the fountain once stood. When it appeared about 3 hours ago it sent out a pulse. I could feel it go through my body. I fought it, and it left my body. I could tell all the guards were struggling too. None of the guards in the barracks under my command were over come. We had no idea what was going on. I told all 40 of the guards in the barracks to get geared up and to come out side and provide assistance and that no one was to leave the barracks until I was in the lead. When everyone was prepared and geared up, I went to the door and I had the crossbow wielders assume a position of breaching the main door to the barracks. I opened the door and 8 crossbow shooters filed out, followed by 7 more bow users. The rest of the guard, I commanded to grab tower shields and to put them on their back and to grab bucklers for close combat. Then, I told them grab long swords and be prepared for anything. We stormed outside and saw the unthinkable. The dead were walking and roaming amount the living. "Get to the gate, that is our objective! We need to barricade the gate!" I found myself yelling orders left and right. I slowly started lossing men until it was me and 10 others left. The tower shields were implanted into the ground and set in front of the gate. Then, they returned...