Chapter 6

                                                                       Taylor's POV

I woke with a start in Laura's arms; I cautiously moved my head up to see if she was awake. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw that she was still asleep. A realization maneuvered it's way though my mind; I had told Laura that I loved her last night. It wasn't a lie I did love her but I didn't know if she felt the same, what if she doesn't? Laura started to wake, "morning" she said in her husky morning voice. My heart melted when I heard her voice like that it was adorable, "morning" I replied. "Does your head hurt?" she asked, "No, its okay" I replied. "Come on, you were pretty drunk last night, how do you not have a hangover?" she asked. "I clearly wasn't as drunk as you thought I was" I replied, after I said that I felt her tense up against my body. "What'd you remember from last night?" she asked, "Bits and pieces" I replied. She moved away from me and sat on the edge of the bed. "That's not very specific" she said running her finger through her hair, appearing somewhat tense and stressed. "Laura, if you're asking me if I remember telling you that I loved you then the answer is yes and it was and still is true" I replied, she was still facing away from me. I gently put a hand on her waist causing her to tense up even more. "I should probably head home, I have ah some stuff to do" she said, her voice cracking slightly. She stood up and started getting dressed, revealing the tears coming down her face. "Laura, wait. What's wrong? Can we talk for a minute first?" I asked. "I really should get home" she replied speeding up and avoiding eye contact. "Just for one minute?" I pleaded. "I really should get home" she repeated appearing nervous. "Yeah, you said that already" I replied more to myself then her. She finished getting dressed and headed for the door, "Laura!" I raised my voice in confusion, she turned to face me. "Laura, I love you" I continued, she stared back at me with a stone cold emotionless face in defiance of the tears streaming down her face "Taylor, I can't do this right now". She turned to leave again "Laura, your bike isn't here, how are you going to get home?" I asked, she paused for a second evident she hadn't thought of that. "I'll get a cab" she replied before swiftly leaving without another word. I sat in my bed for a while unsure of what got Laura so upset. Was it because she didn't love me back? It seemed like more than that. Should I call her and ask if she's okay or should I just give her some space for a while?

The cold expression on her face when she told me she couldn't do this right now was almost indescribable, her eyes looked like they were screaming in agony but the rest of her face looked like she had said those exact words a thousand times, almost like it was too easy for her to put that unemotional expression on and say anything she didn't want to. I eventually got out of bed realizing I should stop pulling apart and evaluating everything that happened.

                                                              Laura's POV

When I got home, I sat on the couch and thought about what I had just done to Taylor. I knew I hurt her and that was the last thing I wanted to do, the look in her eyes when I told her I had to go right after she had told me she loved me crushed her. I couldn't tell her how I really felt about her, every time I had told people how I really felt about them in the past everything would always go wrong, I didn't want to go through that again.