VKook (Fluff)

Both are 17, at prom

I leaned against the cold bricks, gently letting my head back. The stars were shining and the air was cool. I could hear music from inside the building, and I could hear the sound of my own nervous, aching, beating heart.
He should've been here 30 minutes ago. Is he okay? Was there a crash? Or did he go to get food? What if he went to get food and it got robbed? What if he got shot and is dead? Or maybe he's just busy? What would he be busy with?! Is he cheating on me? What if he's just blowing me off and doesn't love me anymore?
A vibration on my leg snapped me out of it. I fished into my suit pulled out my phone. It was Taehyung!

Tae: Hey Baby! I'm here
What doors should I enter?

Door 3

Squealing, I hugged my phone to my chest and looked around for his car. You see, Taehyung and I have been in a long distance relationship for about 4 years now. We've met maybe 5 times in real life, but it could only last so long because of school and worrying parents. Even though we've been separated for so long, our love has never faded, and no matter how many times people state that it won't work out because we're far away, we stay confident.
Today is our prom, and he said he'd come up here for me. I had so many butterflies in my stomach, like any other time we meet. But tonight seemed different than the other times. I didn't really know why. Something just felt a little off. After a while of being nervous, I started getting a little light headed and into a dreamy state. Now everything seemed hazy. That is until I saw a tall figure walking on the side walk, investigating the school. My heart raced as his eyes traveled and then landed on me. My breathing became ragged. He leaned in and squinted at me. Then I saw his eyes go wide. Unconsciously, my feet started moving and all of a sudden, I'm wrapped in his arms, gentle kisses being placed all over my neck and face. Giggling, I grab his face and held it in front of mine.
" Kookie... You're so handsome," he stared in awe, making me blush. I let go of his face to cover my own. So embarrassing. My arms were torn down from my face and Tae grabbed me by the chin.
"That was a big no no."
"S-sorry Hyung... And you look v-very handsome as well," he kept looking into my eyes affectionately, staring into my soul and making me blush deeper. He brought his face closer, until our lips slightly brushed against each other, and I got ready to kiss when he pulled away and stood up straight.
"Tae~! I want kisses~" I gave him puppy dog eyes and I saw him melt inside.
"I know, but prom is gonna end soon."
"It's because you're late, bully."
"Sorry baby, I was busy shopping a little. Speaking of," he turned around and started running. I just stood there patiently waiting. He arrived a couple minutes later with his man bag and a bouquet of pale yellow hydangeas, my favorite! My eyes lit up as he held them out to me. I grabbed the flowers and smiled warmly at him. Ugh, my heart. He's too perfect.
"Well, let's try not to miss too much of the dance," he said and linked his arm with mine.

Dubstep blasted in my ears when he pushed open the gym doors. Students were packed together, jumping up and down. Some couples were making out on the sidelines, friends were hanging out drinking fruit punch, and loners were scattered here and there. I hugged onto Tae's arm tighter as we walked towards the snack table. A few people were giving us weird looks, looking us up and down as if we're some kind of trash. Others watched us adoringly, admiring how cute of a couple we make. We stopped at the table and he grabbed a cup and filled it with punch, handing it to me and getting some for himself. Then he continued to lead the way, eventually bringing us up to the top of the bleachers. He sat down and I followed suit.
"So, how's life?" He asked, breaking the silence.
"Its been, well... Not really the best. I mean, I'm happy and all, but things are going really fast, and its so much to take in..."
"I get it. But, at least school is almost over, and we can finally be together. Closer than before, anyway. Maybe we could go to the same college... An arts college maybe?"
"But I suck at art."
"OKAY SAY THAT ONE MORE TIME AND I'LL DUMP THAT PUNCH ON YOU!"
"NOOOO! NOT THE PUNCH! ITS SUCH A WASTE!"
"EXACTLY!" I punched his arm," You disrespectful brat!" He said shocked. Then he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and hugged me close, making me slam onto his chest. I felt something hover above my ear.
"Be careful, Baby. Daddy hasn't seen you in forever and wouldn't mind punishing you~" my eyes widened and I wiggled out of his grip.
"I'm sorry Daddy! I'm so sorry!" I blushed and looked down. An arm wrapped around my waist and he pulled me closer, placing a kiss on my head after letting out a low chuckle.
"Its okay baby boy. Im just messing with you. Now, the slow dance is starting. You wanna?"
"Uhhh... S-sure..." I stuttered as he stood up and towered above me, his hand reaching towards me. I swear I was about to faint. He looked so hot.
I grabbed his hand and he tugged me up, then proceeded to drag me down the bleachers to the dance floor. My hand got cold and I held it in front of my face. He let go. I gave the biggest pout I could and watched him turn around and start walking away. Before I could follow, he turned back towards me, bending over 90 degrees. HE LOOKS LIKE AN ACTUAL PRINCE, I SWEAR, HOW WILL I SURVIVE THIS? Like, it's so cliche, but I love it! Tae peeked up at me, snapping me out of my thoughts for the thousandth time. My heart ached as he walked back, towering over me. I was dying to kiss him.
"Jungkookie, kisses?" he asked, grabbing my chin gently. Giggling, I popped up onto my tiptoes and gave him a quick kiss. Taehyung grinned and wrapped his arm around my waist, leading us to the middle.
"Uhh, Tae... Are you sure we should dance here? It's kinda cheesy-"
"That's the point! Besides, theres actually something else- oh!" he noticed his shoe was untied and kneeled down to tie it. Crossing my arms, I waited for him to finish, but he never stood back up. I peered down at him and he was hanging his head, still on one knee. Tae was acting odd.
"Taehyung?" I questioned, concerned. He slowly brought his head up. His eyes met mine and I saw him flinch. Something was very off.
"J-jungkook..." he reached into his messenger bag, which I forgot he had, and pulled out a large box. The lid was pulled off and he grabbed out a small bouquet of flowers, his hand hiding the stems.
"Taehyung, what is it?" I asked, getting irritated. Some people stopped dancing and turned their attention to us. Pretty soon, everyone was murmuring to each other.
"I uhh... I had a w-whole speech planned, but... I kinda forgot."
"Oh?" I cocked my head and he held the flowers up to me. I grabbed them and started looking at them. Tae stared up at me expectantly. I mean, they were a pretty mix of baby blue and yellow, the stems are smooth. The rubber band holding them together-
I gasped. There's no way this was happening. What should've been the rubber band was replaced with a silver ring...
I couldn't move.
"Kookie?" Taehyung stood up, catching my attention. His dark brown eyes were glistening,"I umm... Love you a lot and, uhh... We're finally gonna be adults and... Umm... W-will you marry me?"

My vision turned blurry and I felt hot streams of tears running down my cheeks.
"Yes," I choked out a sob and jumped into his arms, feeling his own tears on my neck and shoulder. Warm hands held my face and his lips connected with mine. Our lips moved slowly and passionately as a chorus of cheers rang throughout the gym. I reached up and tangled my fingers into his hair, squeezing tightly due to the pain in my chest.

I love him.

"We were just kids when we fell in love, not knowing what it was. I will not give you up this time. But darling, just kiss me slow. Your heart is all I own, and in your eyes, you're holding mine."

-Ed Sheeran