Minjoon (Fluff)

The smell of rotten milk and stale dust overwhelmed him when he opened the old book. The pages were stained dark brown in places, the page corners were turned up, and there were small tears here and there. His finger guided the paper, feeling the crumbly, dry paper one last time before slamming it shut. He groaned as he leaned back and stretched his arms out. That was probably one of the best books Namjoon has ever read. The message of self love and taking care of yourself before others probably would change his life. It's like he has a whole new point of view on life. Isn't it great when books do that? When simple words form together to make a point, and you can feel that point click sometime in the book and it's like you know your future would not be the same without having read that book. Namjoon stood up, his tall, lean figure casting a shadow on the carpet of the library. He made his way to the shelves mumbling the words "Fic MIN" over and over again. Once he found where the book went and placed it back on the shelf, a feeling of sadness rushed over him. Ending books always felt like ending a friendship to him. It's like you have this strong connection one moment, laughing and crying together and having the time of your life, but the next second, the connection is weak and barely noticeable, but still there none the less, and you know that connection left a permanent mark. But you always move on, which was his next move. A couple aisles over, a book called to him, "Demian". He grinned softly and reached for the book, but something stopped him. Namjoon snapped out of his deep, poet mind at the sight in front of him.
"S-sorry, sir. You can have that one," the boy's skin glowed, especially his cheeks, which were bright red. He wore these adorable, thick, black framed glasses. His fuzzy, bright yellow pullover looked a size too big, causing his hands to be partially covered by cloth.
"Aha, it's okay, man. Uhm, if you want, you can take it. I'm at this library almost everday and can easily find it again," he smiled brightly at the small man.
"No, you were here first. It was stupid of me to try and grab it in the first place," Namjoon bit his lip at this. He was right, after all.
Namjoon reached for the book, his heart melting as soon as he took the book. This one felt special; Maybe even a buyer. After glancing at the book cover, he looked up to see the man turning away from him.
"Excuse me," this boy was too cute. He couldn't just let him walk away like that," I was thinking... Maybe we could read it together."
The black haired boy blushed even deeper, if that was possible.
"You sure? I wouldn't be taking up your time?" he visibly chewed on his lip, looking down and playing with his sweater sleeve.
"Of course not. What's your name?" all Namjoon could do was appreciate this boy's beauty. Not just his looks, but his actions and voice. He loved the way he blushed at everything and they already had a connection with the book interest. Maybe this would turn out well.
"J-Jimin."
"Well, nice to meet you Jimin. My name is Namjoon" he offered his hand, waiting patiently for the boy to stop staring and shake it. Jimin placed his hand into Namjoon's and shook it. His heart ached a little at how tiny and soft Jimin was. Not just his body, but his hands were the size of an 8 year old's. Namjoon genuinely smiled a bit. Jimin looked up into his eyes.
"So..." He trailed off nervously.
"So, there's a couch on the second floor, if you wanna read there," Namjoon was starting to feel nervous as well. Butterflies were stirring around in his stomach.
"Sure," and the boy grinned a little before walking away, a small bounce in his step. He looked so beautiful. He could've sworen Jimin was the sun itself in that moment. He had jean shorts on that would've definitely been dressed coded in a school along with bright red shoes of some brand Namjoon couldn't recognize. This boy was a whole snack.

Namjoon settled into the couch, leaning on the arm rest. Jimin gently sat down next to him, sitting up straight and confused on how to sit. He looked at the small boy and noticed his stiffness. He cracked open the book and grinned.
"Relax a little. I won't bite," and with that, Jimin loosened up a little. He grabbed the giant quilt on the back of the couch. Wrapping himself up, he leaned slightly onto Namjoon. His body froze at the contact, but he let Jimin continue to adjust. Soon, Namjoon was reading the book out loud. His deep voice rang through Jimin's ears, soothing him. Jimin's nervousness started to fade away as he became sleepy. He couldn't help it; Namjoon's voice was too relaxing. They've made it too page 10 and Namjoon felt Jimin's usually stiff body relax. Ignoring it, he continued to read until he heard a very quiet, almost inaudible snore. His heart melted when he looked over and saw Jimin was fast asleep with his head resting on the elder's shoulder. Black hair fell over his eyes and Namjoon couldn't help but take a single finger and slide it across his forehead, moving the hair back to its place. He ended up shutting the book and just admiring the boy. Taking the chance that was given to him, he gently sniffed the boy's hair. It smelled of lavender and cedarwood, causing Namjoon's heart to ache. The boy let out a small whine and stirred in his sleep, his face scrunching up, clearly having a nightmare. Namjoon quickly grabbed his hand without thinking, rubbing circles into it comfortably. The boy's breathing slows slightly, but he still looked in pain.
"It's okay, baby," the words slipped easily out of his mouth. He didn't notice what he did until Jimin nuzzled closer to him, his face going back to being neutral. His heart rate spend up as the boy's eyes cracked open. Namjoon quickly dropped Jimin's hand and opened the book, pretending to read silently.
"You're only on page 11? How long was I out?" Jimin croaked out, rubbing at his eyes.
"I- uh-You were only asleep for uh... a-a few minutes," Namjoon's heart raced and he tried to stay as calm as possible.
"I'm sorry about that... I don't know why I got so tired. You can take the book if you'd like. I should go home and take a nap," Jimin was whining and screaming on the inside. He knew exactly why he fell asleep, but he's not gonna tell the man that. He's never been one to flirt or even date. Although, this guy was a real catch. Jimin would be stupid to leave.
"No!" Namjoon panicked at the idea of the boy leaving. "Uh, you can stay. I didn't mind. Uh... Okay I'm sorry. I can't do this. I just... You're really cute. You're beautiful and I can tell you're a really amazing person and I'd be the biggest fool in the world to not at least try. Can I get your number?" Jimin was shocked. His eyes were wide and his body was frozen, still leaning on the elder.
"S-sure," Jimin was suddenly nervous again. His palms were sweating as him and Namjoon exchanged phones.

"So... I guess that's it?"
"Yeah. Bye Namjoon. Text me."
"Oh trust me, I will, Baby," Namjoon winked at the poor beat red boy before they separated.

~~~
I got tired at the end. Rip.