Chapter 1: Rejected

Chapter 1: Rejected

  "I had enough!" I yelled. Some bystanders looked at me like i was crazy but i care less. What's important to me is i got rejected, AGAIN!

  "Rein, why are you yelling? " i heard my bestfriend, Jannah, said while narrowing her eyes on me. She looked at me like that while finger combing her blonde hair. I just looked down and sat on the side street. She sighed and gave me a questioning look with her brown eyes.

  "Well? Mind telling me what happened?" She asked while sitting beside me. I looked at her, this time my crystal blue eyes was tearing up. She looked at me quite surprise.

  "H-He broke my heart." I said trying not to stutter but failed miserably.

  "Who?" Jannah asked once more. I looked down again, my bangs covering my eyes. Warm tears started to flow down my cream face. And out of nowhere, raindrops started to fall from the sky. Jannah immediately stood up then grabbed my wrist and started to drag me to shelter. After running for seconds, we decided to stay at a nearby cafe to let the rain past. We sat on a empty table beside the shop window.

  "Seriously, what's with you and Rain? Well, aside from you're name is Rein." Jannah asked. I looked at her with a questioning stare.

  "What are you talking about?" I asked her.

  "When you cried, it suddenly rained. It likes the sky is feeling the same way as you." Jannah said with amusement.

  "What can i say, My name does mean 'Daughter of the Ocean'." I said sarcastically. She just glared at me, obviously hated my answer.

  "I hate you and your sarcastic responses." She mumbled while i rolled my eyes. She often say that but she really didn't mean it.

  "Oh puh-lease, i know you love me to much." I said while giving her a cute smile. She just glared at me while i put on my innocent face.

  "So, let's go back to the subject earlier." She started. Ugh, why did you have to remind me of that?

  "Huh? What topic? " i said playing innocent and all.

  "Rein Cordelia Smith, tell me the truth and nothing but the truth. Who rejected you?" Jannah asked while narrowing her eyes on me. Well, there's no way out. Mind as well tell her the truth.

  "Francis.." i simply said with a hint of disgust on my tone of choice.

  "You mean the genius guy from another school?" Jannah asked.

  "Yup, he's the one." I said coldly.

  "Don't tell me you confessed?" She asked with amusement flastered on her face. I rolled my eyes at her.

  "..." i didn't answered her question which clearly irritated her. She slapped my arm quite hard earning a red mark on it.

  "Ouch!" I said while rubbing the part that Jannah just murdered.

  "You ignored my question! " she said while glaring at me. This girl hates people who ignore her. Well, with her loud mouth and amusing personality, she's pretty hard to ignore.

  "You said and i quote, 'DON'T TELL ME you confessed?' " i said while empasizing the word 'Don't tell me'.

  "You take things literary. " she said while glaring at me.

  "Hey, Don't blame me. I'm just following orders here." I said with a pout.

  "Ok Ok, let's just drop it already. TELL me what happen." She said emphasizing the word 'tell'. I rolled my eyes at her but continue on to the details of my story.

  "Earlier, i saw him at the park with his dog. Since its really rare for us to meet, i took the opportunity to confess. I told him i like him but he let me down properly." I said while sighing.

  "What do you mean about properly?" Jannah asked once again with her curious brown eyes.

  "You know. How a gentleman would do." I said while gazing out of the shop window.

  "I don't understand." She said bluntly.

  "He said and i quote 'I'm really sorry Rein but i'm afraid i can't return your feelings for me. But i'm pretty sure you can find someone much worthy than me. We can still be friends, right?' " i said with a low voice trying to imitate Francis's voice.

  "Please tell me you said No. Please tell me you said No." She kept on chanting over and over again.

  "Of course i said Yes!" I said while sweat dropping.

  "What?!" Jannah said. Shock and Anger was flastered on her face.

  "What?" I imitated her response but confusion flastered on my face.

  "Why did you agreed?" She asked.

  "And why not?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

  "Ugh, just forget it!" She said stubbornly. I looked at her with confusion.

  "But seriously, i'm through with anything that happens to do with love." I said with a sigh.

  "What?" She asked quite surprised of my sudden decision.

  "I already thought of this. And my decision is final. I won't fall inlove again!" I said.

  "Are you sure?" She asked trying to change my mind.

  "Yes, i had enough heartbreaks. I think i'm gonna die if i experience it again." I said with a serious expression.

  "Just try to reconsider." She pleaded.

  "I don't know if i can." I said sadly.

  "How about signs? " she suggested. I suddenly looked at her, confused.

  "Signs?" I asked.

  "Yes, signs. Think of three signs. If they all come true then let yourself fall inlove again. That simple." She said, smiling. Feeling proud of her own idea.

  "I don't believe in such things." I said while rolling my eyes.

  "Just try it." She begged with her cutest puppy eyes.

  "I'll think of it." I said with a sigh while she fist pumped in air showing how happy she is. And that made me chuckle. 'Should i really try it?' I thought.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Please Follow me, read, comment and vote..

Love lots,

♡..JeRein_14..♥