Wakandan Business.

Imani

Imani

"So, how was your night Imani? Did you enjoy the party at the palace?"

"Hm?" I looked up from my cluttered fill desk, to find Saloha standing beside my cubicle. "Oh, I did. A whole lot actually."

"Oh that's good. It's just that I didn't see you after we first got to the bar,"

"Um, I was helping out with Akela a bit afterwards. You know how she can be since she has so much work to do,"

"Work like what?"

"Just taking care of some cleaning and sorting done papers out for her,"

"Hm, okay,"

I sensed some curiousness from her tone of voice. "Why do you want to know?"

"Because I-" she stopped herself.

"What is it Saloha?"

She breathed deeply once more before grabbing my arm, and bringing me to the hallway. "I need to give you a warning,"

"Ow! I can't walk too fast!" I yelped, before straightening myself up. "Warning about what?"

She wouldn't answer me until we got to the bathroom. Once she checked to make sure no one else was in here, she started, "You weren't only with Akela last night were you?"

I cocked my head to the side, acting clueless. "Excuse me?"

"You were with," she lowered her voice to a whisper. "him."

"What are you tal-"

"Please don't lie Imani. I don't know about this,"

"Know about what?"

"You and the King were, together alone,"

I looked down at the floor, knowing d-mn well that I can't keep this from her. "Did he tell you?"

"No,"

"Then how do you-"

"None of your business,"

I huffed. "Look please don't tell anyone,"

"I won't, but just watch out. T'Challa is not only the King of this nation, but he's also the Black Panther. Do you know what that means?"

"He's super strong and the ruler of Wakanda?"

"That and he has enemies. Dangerous enemies,"

I looked down again. "You're right, he does,"

"He already has enough on his plate Imani. The last thing he needs, or wants, is his lover to be harmed in any way,"

"Are you saying we shouldn't be, you know?"

"That's what I'm trying to say, but I know neither one of you will stop," she acknowledged. "So what I'm asking from both of you is please be careful. Especially you Imani. You're fragile compared to him."