Have A Good Evening.

Imani

Imani

So we won't be back until tomorrow?"

"Yep. Weather conditions here in Britain are expected to be not so decent for travel. Apparently it's so bad that not even the Talon can make its way towards a near location,"

"Oh,"

"I've already let the hotel manager know we'll be staying over for one more night,"

"Does the King know?"

"He's the one that advised us to stay put," Akela chuckled. "He's always been considerate of other people's safety."

"I guess that's part of why he's such a good king huh?"

"Eh, I guess," she stood up. "Well, I'm going back down to the lobby, just to make sure we're taken care of. I'll alert you if anything needs to be done."

"Okay. I'll be here,"

After she left the room, I walked towards the window of the extravagant room I was assigned. Who knew that one of the perks of being an assistant to one of the King's top guards was staying in prestigious (and expensive) hotels?

Noticing the blue alert lights igniting my bead, I held out my hand. Within a few seconds, his hologram appeared. Wearing an all black, long sleeve shirt, he spoke, "Are you okay, my Love?"

"Never better," I smiled. "Just waiting for Akela to give me orders. Where are you?"

"Just at the palace, hoping you're okay,"

"Well thank you for being so considerate of me," I chuckled. "Apparently thunderstorms are supposed to hit our area."

"Make sure you stay with Akela and the Doras'. They will keep you protected at all times,"

"I can protect myself, you know?"

"You're in another country, my Love,"

"I know but even if I'm not around Akela and the gang, I'll be fine. I know how to get to safety,"

"Imani,"

"Yes your highness?" I chuckled, as his facial expression was not an amusing one.

"Imani, I'm serious. If anything were to happen to you, I don't know what I would do,"

"I'm serious too!" I smiled. "I'll be just fine. If anything, I'm concerned about you."

"What about?"

"How Challenge Day is coming up? And how there's a huge possibility that you could die fighting for the throne?"

"My Imani, don't worry about that," he chuckled. Now it's my turn to have a frowning look on my face.

"Really? I shouldn't be?"

"Nope. I'll still be king when you come back here,"

"Someone sounds cocky,"