Chapter 1 ; What a Joke

. . . — — — — 『 ✿ 』 — — — — . . .
RM's Point of View :

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8..." I kept counting those numbers over and over again, repeating a certain dance move which I had a hard time doing.

Our comeback was getting near and everything was all set up thus we had to work overtime with our practices, expressions and etc. Well yeah, is is tiring but I didn't sign up to be an idol to have a carefree life and earn money without any effort at all.

I want to challenge myself and bring happiness not just to ARMYs but also the whole world too, especially to those people that can't stand life and has no more inspirations.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.." I mumbled as I carefully observed my reflection at the mirror doing weird, awkward and stiff movements which was supposedly a part of the choreography. Dissatisfied with my moves, I sat down and tiredly reached for a bottle of water. Drinking the cold water, I looked at the other members who was also in their very own world.

Some practicing with dancing or singing, some also just playing around. Of course, that would be V also known as Taehyung. "Aish, that guy.. even Jin hyung is lured by him." I quietly chuckled before shouting their names and scolding them. They just laughed in reply.

I looked at the clock and saw that it was already 4 am. Blinking back my drowsiness, I stood up and announced to the members that I was gonna head out to buy something and of course, they asked for snacks because they knew I couldn't reject them.

"I'll be back in an hour or so since ya'll asked for lots of stuffs." I said to them in english. Seeing their priceless reaction made me laugh, especially Jungkook's but his english did pretty much improved since I saw him mouth a 'pardon?'.

And so I headed off, wearing a heavy disguise as usual.

。。。。。

Successfully arriving at a nearby convenience store without being spotted by ARMYs, I grabbed a basket and went to the junk food section. I picked random chips and such but bought only a little since we were dieting at the moment.

Heading to the counter, I saw a woman's back and my mind was in a nervous mess. 'I hope she isn't an ARMY, it'd be bad to be seen at this hour while buying unhealthy foods.' I thought and silently lined up behind her. The cashier and the woman had a short conversation and having a good hearing, I kind of heard it.

"Oh, it's you again! Jinjja, you're always going to that park." The cashier chuckled and ruffled her hair.

"It's because I need to practice more." She laughed and lightly punched the cashier's arm.

'Are they close or what?' I thought.

"Anyways, I gotta go before anyone else takes the place. See you around!" The woman waves and leaves the store.

'Too bad I couldn't see her face, she really had a nice figure.' I thought and sighed while paying for the food I bought.

But before I could leave the store, I saw something laying outside the convenience store. It's a handkerchief...? Is this the woman's belonging? I picked it up and went inside again.

"Excuse me, do you know where I can find a nearby park?" I asked.

"Park? Well uh, you can head straight and turn right after." The cashier said with hand signals.

I thanked him and headed to the park with a handkerchief and a bag full of chips. As I sneakily went there, I finally saw the park and sat on a vacant bench which was near the woman.

I debated if I should ask her confidently or not. It would be really awkward if it wasn't hers and it would seem like I was hitting on her or something so I decided to wait for her to finish whatever she plans to do.

She stretched for 5 minutes and brought out a speaker. She connected her phone and started to play a song with a nice beat. And then . . . . . she started to dance. I was in awe at how good her skills was.

'Almost good as Jann—' I shook my head,

"Not good, I was thinking of her again.." I mumbled and wiped my forehead.

I continued to look at her back and waited patiently and whilst waiting, my brain started to function and a beat formed in my head.

The cold wind hitting some of my exposed arms and the morning sunlight attempting to expose it's shine to the world. It really was good to take a breather and relax early in the morning.

I started to whistle and before I knew it, the figure that had been hiding her face since a while ago finally.. finally looked behind.

My eyes widened at the familiarity of her face, it was the face I had been longing for.  The face of an angel, the face that helped me out during the old days. The face that made me feel what love was.

What is this feeling of excitement? I want to run to her and kiss her but i know i can't. I already have an image which I want to protect. I need to let go of this throbbing heart of mine but my heart and body always pleads for love, for her.

"I need you." I whispered as my hand slowly reached out.

The figure who had been standing up the whole time, quickly took her things and ran off. Before my brain could process and plan on running after her, she was already long gone. No more sight of her.

"What a joke." I scoffed and went back with a heavy feeling inside my heart. Thinking that this was all just a dream, a good one most likely.

. . . — — — — 『 ✿ 』 — — — — . . .

author's note(s) ;
goodnight 💕