Chapter 2~Your Tracys Sister!

Cathryn's POV

  I woke up to mom shaking me to get up. She left and I got up and got ready. Mom told to wear dresses from now on. I reluctantly agreed.

  I put on a white bra, and a white button up blouse, a red plaid skirt with black lining, white tights and black Mary Jane flats. I brush my hair so it looks a little wavy. I put on my red lipstick. I looked in my mirror and I looked good. I grabbed my brown backpack with my supplies in it. Then I went downstairs.

  I saw Tracy watching and dancing to the Corny Collins Show. I sighed and shook my head. I saw mom doing laundry so I helped her.

"You don't have to do that, Cathryn." mom said. I smiled and shook my head,"I know but I want to." I continued helping her until she said, "Tracy and Cathryn its time for school." Tracey said bye and walked out. I grabbed my backpack and walked to school since I hated the bus.

I arrived at school but the bell already rang. I walked inside to the office. I saw a lady with a blonde updo.

"Hey,I'm Cathryn Turnblad. I'm here for my classes." She turned to looked at me. She looked through her papers and handed me a paper,

"Your first teacher is with your sister. The teacher's name is Ms. Caldwell. (sorry don't know the actual name.)" I smile in thanks and walked off.

When I walked to the classroom door I heard the teacher saying," We are having a new student. She is Tracy's sister. Her Name Cathryn. Better be on your best behavior, class." the class groaned. I smirked . But stopped so I could walk in. When I did stop I walked in. I saw Tracy sitting in the front seat. She smiled when she saw me I smiled back. The students were confused. When I turned to see the teacher she was focusing on the board,

"ah-hem." I faked coughed. She jumped around startled. The class was trying to cover up their laughing. "who are you." she asked. I looked at Tracy for help.She understood.

"She's my sister, Ms.Caldwell." The class gasped. I guess they thought I was going to be a plus size girl like my mom and Tracy but I wasn't.

"Right well. Introduce yourself to the class." I groaned as Tracy stifled a laugh. I glared at her. I looked at the class,I saw a handsome boy with black slicked hair with a slight curl on his forehead.

"My full name is Cathryn Marie Turnblad. But my friends call me Cat or Catie for short. My favorite color is Dark purple and I love red lipstick." I smiled. I turned to the teacher,

" oh yeah. umm… Sit in front of umm… uh… Link. Link uh… raise your hand." I saw that handsome boy raised his hand.

"nice impression, teacher." I said to her as I was walking to my seat.

"another smart mouth.I guess it runs in the family." I rolled my eyes as I sat down. "OK class since we got 5 minutes left. Talk to your friends."

Tracy and Penny walked to me.

"You know sis, you shouldn't bad talk to the teacher. Mom would be furious if you got detention." I rolled my eyes but I felt like I was being stared at so I turned and saw the people from Corny Collins. I turned back around.

"yea well the teacher can go to hell." the people from behind me gasped. "here Cat. I got Cherry mixed with blueberry. your favorite when you were a kid." Penny said as she got me my favorite sucker. I unwrapped it and stuck it in my mouth.

"So how is Annetta?" Tracy asked.

"boring." I answered short and simple. A few laughed behind me. The bell ring and I grabbed my stuff and went out.

Classes went by fast. By the time Lunch came around, I grabbed a tray And picked salad with an apple and water.

I saw Tracy and Penny at a table. I walked to them as almost everyone in the lunchroom stared at me.

  I sat down next to Tracy. I started eating my salad when a blonde girl came over.

"hi my name is Amber. Why are you sitting next to…… Tracy?" she asked.

"she's my sister." Amber had wide eyes. I grabbed my water bottle when Amber grabbed my and pulled to a table with the Show kids. She made me sit down in front of Link, next to a red head and next to her. Everyone looked at me but ignored them as I drank my water. Amber was the first to say something, "my name is Amber as you know and this is Link, Shelly, Brad, Tammy..." she continued. They looked at me,

"hey, my name Cathryn but you can call me Cat or Catie." I looked at Tracy she gave me a questioning look. I shrugged.

"So do you dance, Catie?" a girl I think was Brenda asked. Once again everyone looked at me.

"Sometimes." I said drink my half empty bottle.

"Do you use Hairspray?" Tammy asked.

"only when its necessary I do." I was getting bored.

"When is it necessary?" Amber and some other people asked.

''oh you know, pageants, shows, interviews, "I said. Just as the bell rang, Link winked at me and grabbed Ambers hands well more of Amber grabbing his hand.

  Tracy and Penny walked up to me. I was in a daze. Do I like Link? No! He's taken by Amber. I can't like him.... or do I? Thoughts were racing in my head until Tracy said,

" what did they say?" I shrugged like I was in love struck.