Queen Clarissa's Room - CHAPTER 2

Clarissa

The Queen quietly crept out of the closet, and made her way to her the doorway of her bedroom and peered out. She stifled a gasp when she saw a kitchen girl and the mage's son staring at another kitchen girl who was sitting on the floor clutching the very papers she'd been looking for. The kitchen girl with the papers was being comforted by a beautiful girl with black curly hair and wide glittering eyes. The boy just stood there looking at them. "U-uh, Effie, um, what's wrong?" He stammered. Angrily, she whirled around to him, her face a mask of fury.

***

Jacin

"What's wrong?" The servant girl screeched, "What's wrong?. I'll tell you what's wrong." she shouted at the boy. "These documents s-say, th-that-" And with that she burst into tears. It felt so weird, like I was interrupting something personal and private.

I then see something golden peeking around the side of the door frame. When I peek around my door frame, I see that it is the Queen. Gasping I cover my mouth but it's too late. The girl weeping on the floor whirls around to me and narrows her eyes at me. "What do you want, you piece of palace scum?" She spat out. The pretty dark haired girl turned to her. "Effie!" She scowls her, "Do you even know who that is?"She quietly gossips to Effie. Effie then turns to get a proper look at me and scowled. "Can I help you, Your Majesty's bum kisser?"

***

Clarissa

The Queen was shocked. How dare this lowly kitchen girl speak to her trusted guard like this. Then she remembered who she was, and what her father had taught her about ruling: "Always treat all you citizens the same, no matter what ranking they are, or house they own." That was something she needed to and would always remember, no matter what happened.

"Hey, there's no need for that type of attitude," The Queen declared as she stepped out from behind the door gracefully. There was a collective gasp as everyone in the room swiveled to the royalty stepping towards them. Carter looked like he needed a new pair of pants from where he stood in the corner of the room, near the door to the corridor.

***  

Elisa

We were all shocked at the Queen's appearance, but most of all Effie. She bowed low - of as low as you can bow on the floor. "Your Majesty, these papers say things that I find hard to believe." The Queen looked at Effie before saying "It's true, everything that's written there is fact, like it or not." Effie then looked at me, "Poor Eliza. Poor, poor Eliza." What? What did she mean? Then Effie handed me the piece of paper. And what I saw written on there made swarms of butterflies spawn in my stomach. Racehorses thundered around my brain, making my head spin. How could this be true? Then all light vanished and I was left in the dark, falling.

THE END