5

"Juliana Marie Walker!" I cringe when I see my mother standing on the top of the cliff. She's looks angry and tired so I assume she just got home. I hurry up and put a shirt and shorts on while the five of them watch me. My mom grabs me by the wrist and drags me away. Richie waves to me and I wave back. He mouths 'we'll come get you later' and I mouth a 'I'll be waiting.'

My mom is furious. I can tell by the way she keeps massaging her temples in the car. "Who are those boys? And why are you hanging out with that girl, you know she's trouble." She scolds. "I'm sorry. They're nice though. I just met them and I already feel like they're my best friends." She shakes her head. "Why were you swimming in your underwear? I know you have a bathing suit." She asks. "Because they all just went in their underwear... I didn't wanna be the odd one out." She sighs and parks the car in the driveway. "You like one of those boys, don't you?" I blush and shake my head vigorously. "Absolutely not." My mother's tired and angry look turned into a smirk. "Is it the tall one? The short one?" Her voice turns to a whisper. "Is it the girl?" I glare at her. "No. Wait. It's the boy with the glasses."
She grins at me and raises her eyebrows up and down. "I'm never gonna like Richie Tozier. He hates me." Okay, so it was a lie. Richie Tozier flirts with me constantly but still, I could never like him. "You're turning red, sweetheart." She informs me. I rip the mirror towards me. "I- ugh!" She smiles. "I'd never love him! I despise him!"

"That's funny... I said the same about your father."

"EWW!"

"Richie Tozier? I'll have to talk to his mother..." She was talking to herself, or making notes as she called it. "Do not do that!" I yell. "Don't raise your voice at me." My dad's car parks next to hers and he steps out. "Hey princess, I got you something." He kissed the top of my head and opens the trunk of his car. I grin when I see a brand new bike. "Thank you!" My mom gives him a look, but says nothing.
"It's just over here." I hear the all to familiar voice and my parents turn their heads. Richie and Bill are walking up the hill to my house. "Hi." I say. "Where is everyone?" Richie shrugs. "At home. Eddie's mom is — a bitch . Beverly had to go home. Stan had his bar mitzvah thing. Ben went to the library... and that leaves Bill and I." He explains. "Arcade? I don't know... where do you wanna go?" I shake my head. "Arcade's okay with me." He gestures to my bike. "New bike?"
"Can't ride it... I don't know how." He stares at me with a perplexed look on his face. "I'm gonna teach this one how to ride a bike." He tells Bill. "I-I'm out." Bill used his hands to make a heart. After Richie winked at him, he rolled his eyes and pedaled down the hill.

"I'm sorry... you don't have to." Richie stares at me and smiles. "I want to. Besides, how else are we supposed to hang out together every single day?" I shove him lightly. "I'd never willingly hang out with you." We laugh together.

There's that feeling again.

For the next hour, Richie teaches me how to ride a bike. (while my parents watch.) He doesn't take any breaks, he doesn't get bored, and he doesn't stop until I can ride that bike.

I invite him inside my house and my mom gives him lemonade. "Mom, we're going to my room!" I call. "Leave the door open!" She calls in a sing-song voice. I throw up my middle finger when we get upstairs. Richie laughs and I close the door behind us. "So... what do you wanna do?" He asks looking around my room. "Sit down— and don't touch my things!" I scold just as he's about to touch my jewelry.
He retracts his hand and sits down next to me. "What's wrong?" He asks. I can see him scooting closer as the minutes go by. "My pare— no. Nothing's wrong." He shoots me a concerned look but doesn't question me. "Come on." He stands up and offers his hand to me. "Where are we going?" He smiles. "The gas station. Our first date."

I roll my eyes as Richie pulls me through my house. It's like he's memorized all the twists and turns. When we get to the bottom of the stairs my mom rushes out of the kitchen. "What? Where are you going? I've made the lemonade." She hands us both cups but Richie declines. "No... you see Mrs. Walker, Julie here just asked me to take her on a date... so we're going out right now." My mother stared at Richie then me. "Hm. I knew it." She muttered as we ran out the door.

- the next chapter is their first date... just warning you it's gonna make you fLiP. It's pretty good, I'd say -