12

When we get to the arcade, Richie goes to a game immediately. "Richie... what you did back there... you really—" Richie cuts me off. "You don't need to lecture me. He needs to know the truth. Georgie's dead am I wrong?" He hits the buttons hard, his attention focusing on me and the game at the same time. "No... you're not wrong. Look- we all know Georgie's dead... but Bill— he's sensitive." Richie rolls his eyes. "I know Bill. He's not sensitive, he's insane. He wants to fight a child eating, killer, clown for fucks sake." I shrug. "I guess you're right. But don't you think–" He dies in the game and slams his hands down hard. "If you wanted to go with Bill so bad, why don't you? You don't have to stand here defending him because as a guy who just got punched in the face, I don't need to hear this right now." I know I shouldn't argue, but he needs to hear it. I grab his arm and pull him outside.

"You're an ass." I say. "Well you're just some stupid little girl who can't tell the difference between the "th" and the "s" sound." The tears well up in my eyes and before I can stop myself they drip out. Richie sighs. "Why are you crying?" I wipe the tears away. "Because I hate myself. I fucking hate myself. It sucks. My life sucks. I hate my voice and I hate you. I hate you Richie Tozier! I fucking hate you!" He seems to realize what he's done and steps closer to me. "I'm sorry Jules... just let me—" He puts a hand on my face. "Don't touch me. Don't fucking touch me!" I scream. People are turning their heads but I don't care. "Jules— please." I slap his lingering hand away from my waist. "It's Juliana, Richie."