Prideful pain

I had everything I have ever wanted. I had her. I was hers. She was mine. And for some reason. I let her go. Her beautiful face is no longer mine. Her lips are not mine. Everything I had, the biggest part of me, everything came crashing down at once. I went into a hole that I couldn't escape. This summer so far has been, not good. I have never felt so alone. I have never felt like such a teenage girl.

***

As soon as I saw her before school started in town, I could not help but turn away. She was happy. Without me, her life was better. I was the reason she remained depressed. I left, and she was better. Everything that I had been through with her, was hurting her.
That's why I decided to walk through highschool with her to all of her classes. Because I missed her. I walked the halls with her and resisted everything I had once done. That's when it happened. I walked up the stairs. 2 3 4 5 steps pause. I look at her and pull her to my lips. Not thinking... but there we were. She did the same thing she used to. This is the moment I will cherish.

***

I get into my mothers car to go home. I feel a buzz in my pocket. It's Her. She says,
"That was a mistake Wes, I am sorry. I can't do that."
I look back and forth between phone and mirror. Looking at myself and back to the phone... my eyes begin to water. I remember thinking,
'She regrets it.'

Authors note once more

Is it good? Bad? Who cares?
Gotten this far? Good. Keep going. Why? Cuz.
More to come.
Thanks.
Bye.