23- Kick a Puppy

[Boyz II Men - End of the Road]
[Ed Sheeran - Supermarket Flowers]
[Astrid S - Such a Boy]
[Niall Horan - Slow Hands]

*No puppies were harmed in the making of this chapter*

All the while I was changing and getting ready for tonight, I worried about what may occur tomorrow.

I didn't want what might or might not happen tomorrow with Amie and Matty ruin my night but it was hard. The thoughts seemed to invade my mind and I couldn't keep them out.

Once I got to the coffee shop, I saw Callie waiting outside for me. I tried to push the thoughts to the back of my mind and put on a smile

However, I must be a terrible liar as straight away she said, "are you okay? You look like you've just seen someone kick a puppy"

"I'm fine, I just saw Amie and she said she wants me to talk to her and Matty tomorrow" I answered.

"Oh god, not them again" Matty rolled her eyes, "Luna, you need to forget about them, they're only causing you stress"

"I know, I know"

She sighed, "forget about it for tonight and try and enjoy yourself and then tomorrow you can do whatever you please"

I listened to Callie and took her advice as what she was saying was the best thing to do. I had agreed to this night to get some more friends not to worry about the ones I already had.

"Come on, everyone's waiting at my apartment" Callie announced and we started to walk.

It hit me then that I didn't know much about Callie. Hell, I didn't even know her last name.

We started to head off campus. She must have an apartment instead of sleeping in student accommodations but that was expensive. How much money does Callie have?

"You don't live on campus?" I asked, very curious.

"Fuck no, the dorms here are disgusting" she told me, "and my dad paid for it so I'm living there for free"

So it wasn't necessarily how much money Callie had but how much money Callie's dad had.

Her apartment was one of the closer buildings but I was still glad I had opted for an ankle boot with a small block heel instead of my stripper heels that I have only worn once when Matty dared me.

I let Callie lead the way up the few flights of stairs, informing me that the elevator had broken but someone was "on it", until we turned down the hall and reached the door marked 12C.

She knocked on the door, confusing me as she had earlier stated that the apartment was in fact hers, and a girl answered the door.

She wore heels that made her tall, a lot taller than me, and had long blonde hair. She wore a pair of skinny jeans that had so many holes in them she may as well have been wearing no pants at all. She had paired it with a black tank top that had risen up to show reveal her pierced belly button.

"Hey Cal" she said.

Her eyes landed on me and she smiled, a warm smile.

I returned but soon became very nervous. I was not good around new people, especially when I think their much cooler than me. However, I wanted to be brave and make a good impression so I straightened my back held my head up confidently and smiled back.

"I'm Josie, nice to meet you" she said.

"Hey Jos, this is Luna" Callie introduced.

"Hey" I said.

Josie smiled again and then moved to the side so we could enter the apartment.

The door led to the sitting room which held a couch, arm chair and TV mounted on the wall. A coffee table with a pile of papers piled up. The kitchen looked onto the sitting room with a breakfast bar splitting the two.

It was a tidy apartment, with little things out of place, apart from a couple of dishes at the sink and a pizza box on top of the trash can.

The room was a dim glow and wisps of smoke filled it. It smelled of alcohol and tobacco, a smell I had become used to on campus and with Lip who usually smells of the two, sometimes mixed with a hint of mint. I didn't hate the smell.

Music played but it wasn't nearly as over powering as it usually is at parties. It was nice to hear myself think for a little.

There were two boys sitting on the sofa, one with a beer in his hand and the other held a cigarette in his mouth and a beer in his hand also.

"This is Justin" she pointed to the guy with only the beer. He had very curly hair where the tips had been dyed a pale purple, "and this is Will" he had a sharp jawline and short brown hair which stood in a quiff.

"Guys this is Luna" she introduced once more.

They both waved and I smiled, trying to look as nice as possible so they wouldn't be put off by me.

"So you're the girl that needs new friends?" Justin said and I chuckled. I wanted to laugh about it as it was true.

Josie joined us in the sitting room and sat very closely next to Will. He put his arm round her and she cuddled up to his side.

"Pretty much yeah" I nodded and sat in the arm chair.

"Well, from what Callie has told about us you seem cool, so hang out with us as much as you want" Josie offered, "and invite that yummy boyfriend of yours"

We all laughed whereas Will pretended to be hurt but Josie replied with a kiss on his cheek.

"I'll drink to that" Callie said handing me a beer which I accepted as she moved to sit on the floor.

We spent the rest of the night talking. I got to learn more about the people in the group: Callie was also a Psychology major like me; Josie was a Maths major; Will was Physics and Justin was undecided.

They met at the start of the school year and had been friends since. Josie and Will started dating one week into college and it has been plain sailing so far.

They know of Lip but they don't care about his reputation, they only care about what I have to say about him. That's the only thing they need to hear Will says.

These could be my people. They were sweet, funny people who didn't care about going to parties or hooking up with people. They stayed close with each other and they thought I was cool.

~~~~~~~~~
thanks for reading guys! i hope you enjoyed this chapter. i'm quite self conscious on what you guys think about the story, i promise I have got a plot planned out, i just need to build it up at the moment so keep with it.

just a few update on characters:

Callie - Katelyn Nacon
Josie - Peyton List
Will - Cameron Dallas
Justin - Jc Caylen

vote and comment if you liked the story and you can even give me a follow if your feeling extra generous.