/Vern/

"C'mon Vern! I don't want this to be the most important thing in my life!" I groan and cross my arms.
Vern doesn't look up and just shakes his head.
We were currently under Vern's house practically being baked to death. I swear those pennies were lost forever.
I fell on my back and looked through the screen watching the shadow of a tree dance across the orange lighting.
"VERN! We've been here all day!" I whine and sit up studying the features of his face.
"I know I know. There here...somewhere, trust me!" He looks at me with an exhausted look.
I had decided to help Vern look for his pennies since it would allow me to spend time with him.
Yes, I had feelings for him but he really couldn't take a hint.
I've tried to sit closer to him, hold hands, pass notes, and I kiss his cheek all the time!
He still thinks it's just what friends do. No.
Sometimes I feel like a does know but he's teasing me until he always says 'your a great friend'...to everyone that's their?
"Vern, maybe you should just forget about them...I mean we've been looking for almost three days" I try to be gentle but there's a hint of an annoyed tone in my voice.
"There's gotta be around 40 dollars in their Y/N! I can't give up now!" He goes back to digging.
I look around and notice we've looked in almost every square inch.
'Yes you can' I think and roll my eyes. I just really wanted to get out of here, my eyes burned from all the dust.
I get an idea and scoot to where Vern was.
"Vern?" I try to catch his attention but he must be too concentrated on digging that he throws a handful of dirt into my face.
"VERN!" I yell and dust myself off.
"Oh, sorry Y/N" he turns around.
"Can I tell you something" I smirk attempting to distract him from throwing more dirt in my face.
"Ya, you can tell me anything" he gives an interested look. I lean in as he does too.
"I-I think I like you" I whisper moving my head closer as does he.
"Wait...what? He give a confused glance and turns his head. His widen and he smiles.
"There's a spot!" He yells. I open my eyes to see him crawling over to a patch of dirt that hasn't been search.
I sigh and can't help but laugh wondering if he even thought that what I just said was something friends do or if he even remembered.

This is short! Yes, I got around to writing today! SCHOOL SUCKS! Maybe I should just do my homework? I have A's B's and C's 👏👏 I felt so proud.
Thanks for reading and sorry bout' that long wait!-Kace