/Vern/

"What were you thinking Vern!?" I ask dabbing the gash across his jaw.
He stifled a laugh, almost in a mocking way.
"A lady shouldn't be treated that way, ya know?" He raises an eyebrow as if to test me.
I scoff and give a wide expression.
The sunlight beamed through the windows and I had to squint to see his silhouette.
I pull the rag away and cross my arms.
"That's very considerate but trust me I can handle myself" I fire back.
"That's not what I'm saying. In no way shape or form, a woman shouldn't be mistreated" he shrugs.
I can't help but smile, I mean for what it's worth it's always been hard to resist smiling around him. Ever since we met in middle school three years ago I haven't gone a day without laughing with him.
"Yeah, well it's nothin new! I've learnt to ignore it when I can" I shrug also copying him and looking away.
A light breeze rushes through the window and I hear the trees rustle in response.
He sighed and hops off the table.
"It's just how he can saunter out and insult you"
"Yeah we-"
"And grab you, it's just not fair" he finishes.
I pause for a long second thinking about what to say next.
"Ya know... you use a lotta hand motions when you get irritated" I flail my arms around and watch as he shakes his head.
"I DO NOT!" He says swiftly raising his arms up in defense.
"Since. Grade. Se-VEN!" I smile knowingly ready to give evidence if he tried to argue it.
But then I remember what happened only an hour or so ago. My smile begins to fade as I reminisce his confidence and their cruelty. I knew for sure they could do him in as soon as he stepped up.
Then again it was all a blur from my tears and begging them to stop.
I clear my throat and cross my arms again.
"I'm really sorry Vern" I say clenching my jaw.
"No need...it was well worth it" he studies my face and I pretend to not notice.
"Look! It might scar." I shake my head and look down.
He says nothing for awhile and I begin to believe he would be upset.
"You really think so! Hell yeah, that would be so damn cool!" His eyes light up as he smiles back.
Roll my eyes and nod my head.
"Ok Vern...Thank you...again" I say it as if I hadn't been saying it the whole time coming home.
"It's what a friend is supposed to do"
I nod my head and look out the window again feeling another awkward vibe of tension.
"I-I should be getting home, Ma is probably wondering where I am..."
We walk through the silent hallways and I focus on nothing but the tick of the clock until the he opens the door and steps outside. We say bye quickly but before he could take a step he turns around again.
"Thank y-"
I quickly press my lips to his and feel heat rush into my face. I pull away with an embarrassed look, gave a goofy grin and grab my arm. He turns brighter than a red balloon.
"Thank you... for everything" I say.
His jaw is open and he is holding up a finger with a confused look. He looks to be trying to form words.
"You should probably get home...I mean your mom an all" I say shrugging.
"R-r-right" he laughs nervously and I just raise my eyebrows and nod my head.
Vern then flashes a confident grin, says bye again, and cascades down the porch and onto the sidewalk.
I slowly close the door and couldn't get him out of my head for the whole day.

YOU GRT AND IMAGINE, AND YOU GET AN IMAGINE, AND EVERYBODY GETS AN IMAGINE!
Your probably wondering why...I say, because on all levels except physical I am a wolf.
BRUH, u seen the vid of Jack vaping!? -> not amused
Anyways, hope you enjoyed this one and have a good evening my people!
SEE YA- Kace