C H A P T E R 2

A/N : Sorry guys I haven't really found the inspiration to write this story for like two years now but if y'all can cooperate with me that would be gr8 thx :')
________________________________________________________
-VANOSS POV-

How did we manage to be in this situation? Are we going to die like this, in the woods, weaponless? I hope I am just dreaming...

The figured jumped at us. Wildcat comes out and quickly throw a punch at the creature in defense. The creature whined and walked backward. Wildcat rubbed his knuckles. "RUN YOU, SONS OF BITCHES," He yells at the top of his lungs. Everyone starts running, and we don't stop. Behind us, the creature was just running behind us, while a couple more glowing eyes next to it. I look forward again. I don't look back.

After what seems forever, Lui starts to slow down. "Lui!! Don't fucking ...... Give... Up now," is all I say, winded from all the running nonstop. I slow down and put Lui on my back and continue running. That might've been my worst mistake because I looked back again and the pairs of glowing eyes I saw behind me we're now closer. Well if I die now, I can say I died trying. My legs were giving out, my knees were going weak. My vision was getting blurry by the minute, making it hard to tell if it's the sweat or if it is me crying knowing death is only a kiss away. "I'm sorry..... Lui...... Nogla... Wildcat..." I start calling out the guys. "Marcel..... Terroriser..... Miniladd..." and with that, I fall...

-??? POV-

I saw the man carrying a child-like person in his back. In normal cases I would do jack shit to help others. In this world, it's kill or be killed. Fight to win. It wasn't always like this of course. There was peace until the disease spread like mad fire and affect anything and anyone who wasn't careful. How do I know? My sister. She passed away killing herself before she went in and got affected by the disease. God knows how the hell she got it.

There appeared to be 5 wolves chasing them. 3 were in the back, 2 in the center, one in the lead. The one in the lead U presume is the alpha. And the only way to take them out is by taking out the alpha first. I quickly put on my mask which I customarily made to have a filter in case anyone has gotten the disease. In one of my hands, there was a Kanata like sword. The other had picked up a combat shotgun that my father used to own before he passed away. I trained for this. You can do this, I thought to myself after I clipped on my bag so it doesn't fly everywhere in the middle of battle. Once done so, I start running to the wolf pack. Shooting down the middle back wolf at my distance, I go forward, and slice the middle two, winding them to slow down. Now I have the alpha in my sights, locked and ready. I dropped the shotgun and pull out an automatic shotgun. I shoot at the alpha and it fell backward. But as expected, it got back up and started charging towards me. Of course on the bullet will never suffice, so I shot it again, this time in the shoulder, but barely making enough damage for it to slow it down.

The wolf jumped at me as I quickly took aim. Right after, I took the opportunity and shit the damn thing right in the eye. Now it's partially blind, and so I took this chance to Sprint at it at full speed, katana at hand, and sliced the motherfucker. At last, the thing was dead. The other two wolves fall back, running in the opposite direction where. I sighed in relief as the guy lay on the ground, the kid in his arms. I think he's out but it's worth the try to ask. I shake him. "Um... Excuse me, sir? You okay?"

-VANOSS POV-

My vision was disappearing by the second. I was blacking out. I quickly cover Lui, using my body as a shield against the creatures. As I waited for the impact of pain to come, I close my eyes shut.

There was nothing but black in my vision. Was I dead? Did I pass out? I wasn't too sure until I head a loud BAM. I heard a whine soon after. Heard a loud swoosh of a blade or what I think is a blade. I heard two more whimpers. Something heavy dropped and then I heard a gunshot. Nothing. Another shot was fired. Nothing but the sound of running feet and what I imagine the creatures claws against the road. I couldn't open my eyes. I was afraid. I couldn't bring myself to do so. Another shot was fired. I heard the claws slow down and the creature whine, assuming it hit it and it was the sound of pain. 

Everything got quiet, it seemed like forever until I heard what I think is someone with heavy boots on walking this way. It was brief, but they touched me. Sort of shaking me. I couldn't do anything, I losing vision. I tried to stay awake. I tried to speak, but nothing would come out.  I tried to move, but I couldn't for I was frozen in place, still unsure if it was clear or safe. What if I'm just dead and all of this is a dream? How did we end up here in the first place? We were just testing out a new game that was going to come out later in the year. I continuingly let my thoughts wander, feeling despair. I knew nothing that was going on. For all I know, this could be a dream, no a nightmare. He could feel himself slipping. Before he passes out, he heard those words clearly that made him more involved and feeling concerned with it could've meant:

"Um... Excuse me, sir? You okay?"

________________________________________________________

wc: 1020

updates: at least once ever 2 weeks. no promises