x.

[harry’s pov]

I couldn’t stand it any longer. I had to get away from my seat on the orange pillow here in the little backyard; I was seated in the very back up against the glass wall half hiding behind Gemma as the movie was playing.

The Rose Cinema was a charming little place; kids were laughing and small apple trees with fairy lights hanging between the branches created a magical atmosphere. Young as old ones were scattered out in the little backyard of the cinema. Everyone’s attention on the white screen on which the projector showed the movie - under the dark night sky where the stars had been replaced by chains of fairy lights. An easy smile had rested on my lips as I had first entered the space; it was such a calming place. I had pulled the hoodie up before we had entered the cinema and kept my gaze down; only a girl at the counter had recognized me; her hair had been a pastel lavender. My mum’s begging eyes had probably kept her from squealing at the sight; but she had still whispered an ‘I’m a massive fan of yours!’ as she had passed the movie tickets to Gemma though her attention had been completely on me. I had nodded and mumbled a shy ‘thank you’. I hadn’t intended to be annoyed or seem cold - on the other hand I was grateful she hadn’t made a scene. But my inside had been killing me - was still killing me. I couldn’t sit still. Not even the cola or the popcorn, which my mum had gotten us. Not even Gemma’s constant stream of jokes concerning possible popcorn attack here from the back had made the feeling go away.

They hadn’t said anything - Gem and mum would never complain about all the special precautions I had to take; like sitting in the very back of the little yard in order to stay out of sight. They hadn’t commented on the fact that I kept moving in my seat or how I kept drumming my fingers on my knee.

The girl with the pastel lavender hair had seated herself here in the back too - but on the other side of the entrance. She hadn’t been staring at me or anything; in fact as I let my eyes travel over to her in curiosity and mild awe that she wasn’t freaking out over my presence; I saw her smile. Her eyes were nailed to the screen and the movie. Next to her an older guy was seated - probably my age. His hair was dark and curly; his eyes a comfortable brown behind black standard ray ban glasses. They were both wearing completely black clothes; aside from the girl’s mint green boots of course. I guessed the guy was working here too.

Oh fuck. I couldn’t stand this any longer. I had to get out of here. What the hell was wrong with me? It felt awful! It was like waves now; waves of craving. But craving what? My fingers were tickling and my skin seemed itchy; like I was hyped or had just downed five espresso shots. This was ridiculous!

“Toilet,” I mumbled lowly so Gemma and mum could hear me. I had been watching them too; it had helped but definitely not enough. How they had aw’ed and their eyes had been sparkling over the development of the movie. I hadn’t been able to concentrate on the plot; just about two minutes after it had begun I found myself checking my phone out of boredom. Or - restlessness. I wasn’t exactly bored.

Mum didn’t take her eyes of the screen, but she brushed my leg caringly with her hand as if to tell me she had heard. Gem halfly turned her head with a grin resting on her lips from whatever had happened in the movie. I got up from my seat and with three quick steps I was at the open double glass door. I could see the cinema through the glass; it was a good idea to make the wall facing the backyard see through. It made it feel like it was part of the lobby or something.

A deep sigh escaped my lips as I was finally inside and had escaped the crowd. I stretched my arms high over my head; feeling the air touch the bare line of skin on my stomach from the stretching.

“Oh shit,” someone mumbled quietly behind me and I spun around; heart already pumping crazily because of that weird craving I had for something I didn’t knew what was. My eyes flew over the girl with the pastel lavender hair who worked here; I was pretty sure she hadn’t followed me out here she seemed way too surprised for that.