xv.

[harry’s pov]

“Well of course he can join us! Harry, was it?” The blonde woman asked; she had wrinkles around her eyes from smiling so widely and you could tell she spend a lot of time in the garden. I nodded with a smile and looked over at Jack who was beaming like a little sun with a white grandfather moustache and glasses.

“Thank you - it’s terribly nice of you,” I started, but she waved me off.

“If what Jack is telling me is true - then you are welcome to come eat here every evening, darling!” She put a hand on my shoulder and I was almost overwhelmed with the gratitude that radiated from her.

Jack nodded slowly as he took a seat in the chair. “Truly I think we should be thanking you, Harry,” she continued and I feared she would start crying as the relief washed in over her so evidently. Her smile was huge.

“It’s no problem Mrs. Parker. Is there anything I can help you with?” I motioned to the basket of bread she was holding and had been about to place on the table as we had arrived and made our way into the enclosed charming garden.

It had felt magically right to offer the Rose Cinema help; seeing Jack Parker - the owner of the cinema - in almost shock of happiness had felt just amazing. But not just the regular way - it had felt like something so irresistible right that I had felt the dopamine wash out through my body and the smile hadn’t left my lips ever since. The feeling of this being the best idea I’d ever had, had only increased as we had been driving here - I had been meeting up with Jack Parker for an urgent meeting after shortly being home to drop off Gemma and explaining things to my mum.

“Well - we’re almost ready. Jack, maybe you could go get Ellie - my daughter,” she added for me, “she’s finding some flowers for the table in the front yard.” She sounded slightly stressed yet comforting and overbearing with her soft smile. She was probably the type of person who would be stressed with last minute guests showing up and needing to get the dinner ready and set - though she would always tell you it was no problem and give you a smile.

So instead of taking a seat, as she had gestured me to I looked at her, “I can go get her. I think Mr. Parker,” Jack started chuckling from his seat in the garden plastic chair, “call me Jack please, Harry.” He smiled warmly at me and I couldn’t stop replying his smile with an equal one, “I think Jack has had a long day as it is.”

“Well aren't you an angel! It’s right around there, love,” she placed the basket with bread on the table and pointed to the corner of the house.

I was wearing my black skinny jeans and nothing else than a long sleeved white shirt with the few buttons at the neck which were undone and yet the sun still kissed every part of skin it had access too.

The grass was wild and in some places too tall for what my mum would probably find proper; it seemed like everything had been left to itself with only few arrangements such as the roses growing up the fence near the side of the house, or how the raspberry bushes were placed close to the patio where the entrance to the kitchen was. Herbs were placed in pots and small natural arrangements near the patio too so it was easy to get to. Flowers - wild as appropriate ones - were growing here and there in between, and a few apple trees were placed along the length of the garden. Maybe Mrs. Parker’s daughter had been the one who had hung several small colored glass lanterns in the branches of the trees - maybe I would stay long enough to see them glow in the dark? I most certainly liked this place.

It felt amazing - so right. My body was buzzing with the feeling of being high - high on life, flowers and being able to help Jack maybe. I couldn’t remember having felt like this in the longest time; maybe a similar feeling had been the couple of times we had done some of the concerts that had been like milestones for us. A lazy smile hung at my lips, as I made my way around the house taking in all the new things around here.