Unexpected Hero

Uploaded woot.(: Please vote and tell me what you think. Thanks guys! <3

Pic of Gabe babe over there lol >>>>>>>>

 I could hear the thudding in my heart as it was amplified in my ears while I was being tied up. I didn’t struggle, what was the use? Two of the most important people in my family betrayed me and their village just by working with those awful men.

 I craned my neck to get a better view of the “man” that was currently securing me to a tree. He had shaggy blonde hair that kept away from his face. His eyes were a stormy blue colour and he wore a piece of armor over his broad chest.

   When he caught me observing him, he pulled the rope tighter around the tree, almost cutting off my breathing. I couldn’t help but cough and let the tears run down my cheek. 

   He stood back, observing his handiwork. I sneered at him and turned my head, not wanting him to see how vulnerable I was at that moment. It only made him let out a small chuckle. I turned my head back to him and noticed he was the one doing the observing now, raking over my body with his filthy, lust filled eyes.

   I scoffed at him and he knelt down in front of me and held my chin up so high that I was forced to look into his eyes. 

   “What are you doing?” I managed to get out under the strain my neck was in.

   “Just getting a better look of my captive is all,” was his nonchalant reply. 

   His free hand  moved onto my collar bone and slowly made its way down to my chest, almost touching my breasts. I looked at him wide eyed. My hands were bound, but my feet were free. I took the opportunity and kicked him as hard as I could in the family jewels. When his face distorted into a myriad of painful expressions I couldn’t stop the giggles that followed. It was then that I felt his fist connect with my face. My head twisted to the side and more tears flowed down my cheek than before. I turned to look at him incredulously, but he had already gotten up and had his back turned to me. He walked away to his sack of supplies.

   I saw him pull out a few slices of bread  and a canteen. I hadn’t even realized I was hungry until my stomach began to growl.

   “Hey abuser, do you feed your captives or just let them die of starvation? I yelled.

   “I only feed captives who behave themselves,” he replied, looking in my direction then turned back to his food.

   I debated inside myself which of the two would be worse: showing humility to this barbarian or dying of starvation. I finally concluded that I wasn’t ready to die and might as well put away some of my female pride. I huffed. 

   “I’m s-sorry. I’ll try to behave next time, just don’t touch me like that.” I bent my head slightly to look at my feet. I didn’t want to see his reaction. He would smirk or laugh at me again, I just knew it. Instead, I looked up to see him grabbing a few extra slices out of the sack. He walked back to me and I could see there was a mischievous glint in his eyes.

   “Put your knees up to your chest.” 

   I obeyed and he placed three slices of bread on my knees.

   “Eat up,” he leered and sauntered away.

   I leaned my head forward and picked up a loaf with my teeth then quickly gobbled it down in my mouth. I did the same with the other 2 loaves. He ambled over to me again with the canteen.

   “Open,” he commanded and I obeyed right away, feeling extremely parched. I was happy when he poured the cool water into my mouth, satisfying my thirst.

   I decided that I needed information. Why had all this happen?  What would be the result of all this? The only thing I did know about this whole ordeal was that my captor’s  name was Gabriel. He would be the only person I could get the answers I desired from.

   “So Gabriel, is it? Why exactly am I tied to a tree? Why is all of this even happening?”

   He scrutinized my face and shrugged. He walked over and towered above me. I instantly tried to reach for my sword, but I forgot my hands were bound and I winced as the ropes dug into my skin. Gabriel laughed at my little attempt to get free and I glared up at him.

   “ Well our lord Sven was sick and tired of the boys in your village killing all his men. He also wanted to find som people, but I don’t know who they are. I guess you’re just as bad as us, killer princess.”

   What was with everyone calling me princess I was going to be a warrior until my dreams were crushed just a few moments ago.

   “I don’t kill innocent people,” I fired back at him.

   His fist connected with my stomach and I couldn’t stop my body from slumping over. I kept my head down and could feel his gaze on me. He stooped down next to me and pulled my hair, forcing me to look at him.

   “Don’t forget who you’re speaking to, little girl. I own you now and you should try talking to me like a master or…husband.”

   I searched his face for any signs that could tell he was kidding, but there weren’t any.

   “What?” I asked weakly, the pain in my stomach was getting stronger.

   “Your mother promised me a wife and she gave me the best girl she knew, her own daughter.”

   I shook my head in disbelief. I gave him one last disgusted look before a darkness consumed me and I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                              Adrien

   I ran through the bushes as swiftly as I could while they fired their arrows at me. It was dark and hard for me to see, but I had to keep moving or find somewhere to hide. I felt the thorns scrape against my skin as they tore my pants as well.

Something was coming into view, something bright, a campfire maybe? As I came closer, I saw what it really was.  It was a campfire and the girl from earlier, the threat, was tied to a tree and her captor was sleeping on a blanket. She looked like she was passed out.

   I heard a few shouts behind me. Something like “We lost him, find more.” I breathed a sigh of relief and continued moving forward.

   When I was standing in front of her I made sure to be quiet. I placed my hands on her shoulders and shook her and she quickly came to. There was a surprised look on her face and she was about to ask questions.

   “Shhh I’m going to get you out of here, but you can’t speak. He’s sleeping,” I pointed to her captor who was sound asleep. 

   “Why should I trust you? You almost killed me earlier.”

   “Just trust me, please,” I replied.

   To my relief she nodded and I moved to the back of the tree. It took me a few minutes to get the knot out, but I did. She tried to rise to her feet but fell. 

   I quickly understood that she couldn’t walk. I moved my arm under her legs and cradled her back with the other. She mouthed a “thank you” and I nodded. I ran with her into the opposite direction from which I came.