I. lullaby

FLICKER  { S

FLICKER { S . M }
001 " lullaby "

Distance was a sweet thing for Elle Waldorf, in fact she prided herself on it. She distanced herself from anything and anyone, not in fear of hurting them, no. She understood her power, she would rather just not tear apart those who irritated her and have to face the consequences.

The girl knew she was a siren, of course she knew. Her mother had told her as soon as her fourteenth birthday, that she was born from the white foam of the sea. So, no, it wasn't news for Elle Waldorf that she was meant to kill to live. Her body had adapted to it, in more ways than one; she possessed long slender legs and a rounded bum that lead to shapely hips and a small waist with a flat stomach. Her figure was perfect and could be stared at all day, which was what the male and some female population of Beacon Hills did.

She was tall, five foot eight, making her tower over other people in her year who weren't quite so grown yet. However, it wasn't her figure nor her height that made her most noticeable, it was her face, her stunning face. Elle Waldorf was beautiful, there was no doubt about it. She had sweet, plump lips that were stained with a permanent red and thick brows that were arched to perfection. But what was by far her most noticeable feature, were her indigo eyes, a delicate lilac that entranced anyone who looked too closely at the majestical being.

It is safe to say that purple is not a usual eye colour, but that did not matter to anyone who called Elle Waldorf 'beautiful', in fact, it may have been her best feature. Her vibrant eyes were framed by long, dark lashes that accentuated her almond eye shape. And her hair, her hair was shoulder length and brown. But not just one shade, lots of different colours of dark brown mixed together to shine differently in different lights and permanently wavy like she had just come from a beach.

Unlike most people who are easy to look at on the outside but are cruel on the inside, Elle Waldorf was still an anomaly.

Her personality was secretive and mysterious, enticing anyone who got a word out of her by her quietness. She was not one to speak loudly and boastfully and interrupt others, but she had the power to; she did not have to speak loudly for others to listen, one mutter of her sweet English voice was enough to melt. And she loved it. She loved the way a whisper of her voice made strong men and women melt into putty in her hand.

It is important that you know how powerful and dangerous Elle Waldorf was, and still is. It is important that you know her name was not one to be yelled or spoken of proudly and distinctly; her name was one to be whispered, carefully spoken, so no one would not hear the horrors of things she has inflicted. Because no one speaks the storm's name and hopes to survive. None but Scott McCall.

<<

New year, new me; was a saying mostly spoken at the beginning of an annual year, not a academic year, but Scott McCall never liked to fiddle around with specifics. He had spent the entirety of his Summer Break studying for school, he would no longer be the dumb kid in class, this year he would finally make a difference. He had the right mindset and thoughts, but all that floated away once he heard it.

The alluring song, beckoning him from the Music Corridor at school. And Scott McCall being the well behaved boy he was, followed it immediately. He was greeted by a strong scent of wild roses as he walked down the corridor, the sound and scent coming from the same place. His brown eyes peeled over the edge of the window, looking into the music room and seeing her.

In all honesty, Scott thought that he was imagining things. The vision he saw was stunning, her olive skin glowed and her lilac eyes were focussed ahead of her. She was beautiful, no two ways about it.

Subconsciously, Scott wiped at his lip expecting there to be drool for how gorgeous this girl was. How had she been at this school all this time and he'd never noticed her?

He kept his brown eyes trained on her, watching the mystery girl sing. The room was meant to be sound proofed as to not disrupt other classes but due to Scott's supernatural hearing, he heard her perfectly.

He felt like he was being lulled to sleep, but at the same time, he felt more awake than ever. Her voice was amazing, so amazing that he didn't pay attention to the heart felt words she was singing.

"Do we need somebody, just to feel like we're alright. Is the only reason you're holding me tonight 'cause you're scared to be lonely."

By this point, Scott was pretty sure he was drooling. Suddenly, a shrill ring filled the corridor, signifying the start of the school day. Scott jumped back in shock, especially when the singer's indigo eyes snapped over to make contact with his own brown eyes.

Scurrying away, Scott ran down the corridor, his tail between his legs in embarrassment. He only hoped she hadn't recognised him, so next time, and there would definitely be a next time, he could make a much better impression upon the beautiful girl.