II. siren

FLICKER  { S

FLICKER { S . M }
002 " siren "

At night when the stars come out and the moon rises and the sky turns to black, monsters lurk around every corner waiting to pounce. But the horrors of the night don't just stay on land. There are some that stay in the sea, waiting for the few poor souls who venture into the darkness of the water. But they are the same poor souls who never return.

Some nights, when the winds fly harshly and the darkness whistles in the roads, Elle Waldorf creeps down to the swimming pool of Beacon Hills. It is completely deserted at the early hours of the morning and the siren takes advantage of it.

Elle slipped off her leather jacket and dress, letting it fall to the floor where she stepped out of her shoes. Slowly, purposefully, she took off her underwear and left the red lace garments to the side. Her short hair brushed over her bare collarbone when she felt the short breeze blow at her olive skin.

Taking a few steps back, Elle let herself run up before diving into the aqua pool, leaving barely a splash.

At the touch of water to her smooth, flawless skin, Elle Waldorf was no longer left in human form. From above the water you could see the faint outline of the eight foot long fish tail that now replaced Elle's slender legs. White scales covered the tail and the lower portion of her tanned waist, possessing a pearl-like sheen.

Her short brown hair had grown down to her waist and further, still with waves even under the water. And her eyes, They glowed like bright luminescence that shone a deep indigo, so purple they were almost blue.

Finally, Elle's body could stretch to her full potential. Her tail propelled her along the water, curving over the floods of water. Once her body had reached into itself and was prepared to let loose, she did it.

The siren parted her rose lips and allowed her song to be freed. No one could be hurt by the danger of her song, letting her sing out into the clear water.

However, whilst calmness and serenity lingered under the water, death and chaos ruptured above. A demon of death swept across the tiled floor unbeknownst to the siren beneath the waters. It waited for its victim to strike, and strike it did.

Long ago, they believed the purest death was death by fire, those with traditional beliefs still used that method which was why it was strange to see the lifeguard decapitated.

Elle heard the noise, swimming up to the surface to inspect, little did she expect was for there to be a decapitated lifeguard and Lydia Martin's car in the parking lot.

At the flash of strawberry blonde hair, the siren dived under the water again, hidden by the slow current. She could hear Lydia's hopeful muttering, "Please don't be dead, please don't be dead." The white tailed girl watched from below in anticipation, would Lydia see her?

The answer; yes, Lydia would see her.

"Oh my God! What the hell is that?" A manicured nail was pointed straight at Elle and her fishtail. She gritted her teeth in anger, there was no way for her to escape and yet she didn't want to kill Lydia for the sake of her secret.

Slowly, as to not scare the unknown banshee, Elle Waldorf swam herself to the surface, delicately brushing her head above the water level.

Feeling tears coming to her green eyes, Lydia threw a hand over her mouth, still pointing at the thing she now recognised to be Elle Waldorf. "Elle?" She gasped at the news of the mermaid she had discovered.

The siren didn't answer, only swam to the edge of the pool and lifted her body out by her arms, giving Lydia a fleeting glance of her pearly tail before it morphed back into her toned legs. As soon as Elle lifted herself from the water, she dried instantly, leaving her hair to grow back into its natural short length. She walked away from the still shocked banshee and dressed herself before going to explain herself.

"What are you?" Lydia demanded immediately as Elle was within hearing distance, and once again, instead of answering Lydia's question, she answered differently.

"If I were you, I wouldn't concern myself with what I am, but with who did that." She pointed to the decapitated man who sat on the tall lifeguard chair.

And without another word, the mysterious siren walked away, leaving Lydia's imagination to run wild.