Chapter 2

Chelsea’s POV

«Hello.» I frowned the instant I entered the apartment without even bothering to knock. 

Why bother with politeness, after all. I was here against my will. The only reason I would ever find myself here was because my parents decided I had become a burden, so instead of trying to sort me out on their own, they shipped me to my perfect and famous cousin, hoping to straightened me up. I was not going to lie, I felt betrayed and a tiny bit abandoned, but who cared. It wasn’t like I was going to be miraculously cured on this trip, the way I saw it, this was more of a forced vacation.

I grinned when I spot her girlfriend, in the corner of the room. I eyed the latina from head to bottom. The girl was a mess, totally against everything my cousin symbolized, pureness and innocents. She had more tattoos and scars imprinted on her arm than any of my friends back home. I clucked lowly, causing her nose to pop up from the book. She looked at me with a soft expression and stood up, stretching out her hand welcoming. 

«Hi, I’m Lauren!» The girl introduced herself as, shaking my hand firmly. I studied her wrist, recognizing a symbol. I knew the gang, I’d been familiar with it because of my ex-boyfriend from back home. He was in the Jacksons and after the break up I’d been so fed up with them, but here I was once again, shaking the hands of someone following the same course.

I lifted my eyes and she must have seen my amazement because she immediately retracted her hand and placed it behind her neck nervously.

«So.. Camila told me you're having a break from your studies?» She asked casually and offered a kind smile.

I shrugged in reply and awaited my answer for a few seconds. I had to give her credit for trying, but then I remembered she was one of the two people who were hired by my parents to babysit me. 

«I'm not studying. It's more like an adventure before starting my career as a hooker.» I retorted with a sly smile and enjoyed observing her eyes widen. Her jaw dropped to the floor and I couldn't suppress the chuckle that escaped. She was about to answer but in a sudden the door opened and Camila came crashing into the room, interrupting her reply. Sweat was running down her temples and she looked frustrated.

«I am so sorry I’m late! I was just outside and helped mrs. Johnson with her bags. I swear that woman is only kind when she needs help.» She rambled on and shook her head before returning her attention to us, realizing her girlfriend was standing there dumbfounded.

«Is everything okay?» My perfect cousin asked and furrowed her perfectly plucked eyebrows.

«Nothing my dear cousin, I just arrived,» I said and gave her a feigned smile, «And Lauren was welcoming me. Isn't that right?» I addressed Lauren and she nodded her head in agreement.

«Well,» Camila said and clasped her hands together, smiling excitingly. «We've really looked forward to have you here Chelsea.»

«If my parents didn't force me I'm sure I'd be equally excited.» I scoffed and grabbed my luggage. «So where is my room?» 

«It's the first one on the left side, the second one is your bathroom. You can get yourself comfortable and then come out.» Camila called after me friendly and I walked in her given direction, putting down my belongings. I looked around the room and I wasn’t astonished by its’ appearance. It was big, more space than I'd ever had on my own, but I already hated it.

The white walls, the flawless curtains, the carpet that was too soft; annoyingly soft. It beamed of success and basically an interior version of my cousin. God, did I mention that I resented it?