Chapter 8 - Room 7

CHRISTINE

My shift was almost done and I was ready to go home for a nice bubblebath with Claire

Dr. Reid ticked on my shoulder.

"Hey, Christine, can you check on the patient in room 7 before you go?" He showed me his puppy eyes.

I laughed, "okay."

I walked into the room and looked up shocked with wide eyes.

It was Alfred standing next to Matthew.

I froze for a second and cold sweat settled upon my skin. My heart hammered in my chest.

Alfred's mouth fell open. "Ms- Ms. Smith," Alfred stumbled.

Matthew did not show anything nor said anything. Instead he layer his cold piercing eyes on me.

"Ahem... hi- hi Alfred, nice to see you again." I briefly glanced over Matthew and back to Alfred. "By the way, it's Dr. Wilson now... I, uhm, did not expect you to be here." My mouth forced a thinned smile as I grabbed the clipboard.

"Let's see. Oh-." I quickly glanced to his wound.

He was stabbed? How? Why?

I scanned his dossier — internal bleeding... damage to the liver... blood loss... has to stay in hospital until wound has healed. Of course he did. I sighed.

"Is something wrong?" Matthew now smirked.

I could feel that Alfred was not comfortable in the room with us.

"Sir, I'll wait outside the room."

Matthew gave him his approval. Alfred then left closing the door behind him.

"So this is where you've been, Christine?"

I ignored him.

"Can you lift up your shirt, please" I said flat while avoiding his eyes.

He lifted his shirt up exposing his firm and muscular stomach.

My fingers gently stroked around his wound, touching his firm, soft skin. It brought back deep memories.

"Like what you see?" Matthew's lips curled up as he teased me.

I pressed harder on his wound.

"Aarghh—" he groaned.

"I do now." My lips were curled up while I forced my self not to.

He grabbed my wrist with force and pulled me close to him. I pressed my other hand on his hard chest to prevent me from falling.

"Okay, enough with the foreplay." His said into my ear with his low husky voice. "Why did you change your name back to Wilson, Christine?"

"Because we are divorced and mostly because you didn't go to medical school, but I did." My lips were almost touching his cheek.

I tried shaking his hand off of me, but he was much stronger than I was.

"What do you want from me." I stared deep into his hazel brown eyes with our noses touching each other.

"First, I want Claire. Second, I want you back." Matthew bit his lip and looked away.

"I can't do that." I swallowed.