♗ One ♗

Your POV:
I looked around the room, not a single man seemed to peak my interest. I looked over to my right and see my sister talking to a man who had curly hair tied up into a ponytail. I sighed feeling a bit jealous that while I was all alone, my sister was already talking to someone, and we've only been here for about 20 minutes now.

I turned my attention back to the crowd and felt butterflies in my stomach when I saw the sudden sea of people who join the crowd that wasn't as big before. I looked across the room and saw the food table and realized that if I wanted to get there, I would have to push by hundreds of people. I walked towards the crowd but suddenly heard my name being called.

I turn my head to the right once again and saw my sister waving towards me and motioning me to come over. With a small sigh, I made my way towards her instead of going to the food table. When I finally reached her, she had a wide mischievous grin on her face. "Y/n, this is Lafayette." My sister said. I turned my attention to the man who she had started talking to not to long after we got here. "Hello Lafayette, I'm Y/n, it's nice to meet you." I said with a small smile. He returned the smile, "Bonjour Y/n, it is also nice to meet you."

His French accent caught me off guard, I didn't see him as a Frenchman at a first glance. "Lafayette is from France and is fighting in the war." My sister told me. My eyes widened a bit at the mention of the war. "Really? Is it fun?" I asked with curiosity. I wanted to be a nurse in the war that just broke out between Britain and the colonies, though I told my sister I was pretty sure they had plenty of nurses already.

Lafayette chuckled a bit, "Well mon amie, I guess you could say the war is interesting." He told me. "Your sister has told me you wanted to join de war as a...how do you say it?" He muttered to my sister. My sister giggled softly, "A nurse." She muttered back. "Ah, yes a 'nurse'. We do need some more 'nurses' in camp." He said.

I looked at my sister who was smiling from ear to ear, "B-but how would I be able to join?" I asked. "You can speak to the general about it." He told me. I once again looked over at my sister who's smile was still wide as ever, "So? What do you say?"

A/n:

Sorry to leave you all on a cliff hanger! Thank you for reading the first chapter of this book and I hoped you enjoyed it! Be sure to look out for more upcoming chapters!