♗ Five ♗

Y/n's POV:

I ran over to Alex's side, "Alexander! What happened?!" I said quietly trying not to alert anyone too much. "M-My leg...." he mumbled with pain. I looked down and saw blood on his right leg. My eyes widened and immediately I stood up and went to gather supplies. When I walked back with my arms full of supplies, I saw another nurse was already treating him. He and the nurse both had a grin on their face as the nurse finished bandaging him up. I watched with sad eyes as I watched them continue to talk for a little bit afterwards. I went to help another person but every once and a while I would hear the nurse giggle.

After everything calmed down, I rushed outside of the hospital and walked around camp for a while before bumping into the guys. "Oh...hey guys...." I muttered to them. "Hey Y/n, what's wrong?" John asked. I shrugged and sighed, "It's nothing really...." I tell them. "Do you want to talk about it?" Lafayette asked. I shook my head, "No, no I don't." I said. The three looked at each other confused. "I have to go." I said before walking away and leaving them confused.

3rd person POV:

John, Hercules, and Lafayette watched as Y/n walked away. "What do you think happened?" Hercules asked the others. John and Lafayette shrugged. "Who knows, maybe she's in one of her moods." John replied. "But I have never seen Y/n like this." Lafayette added. Hercules nodded, "Yeah, do you think it's about Alex?" He asked. John nodded, "Maybe, why don't we go pay him a visit and ask what happened." He suggested. The others nodded and they walked off to the hospital.

They opened the door and immediately saw Alex. The three walked over to his bed. "Hey Alex, how're you feeling?" John asked sitting at the side of the edge of the bed. Alex yawned, "I'm fine, this really pretty nurse helped me out today." He said. Hercules and Lafayette looked at each other quickly before turning their attention back to Alex. "Oh yeah? Who was it?" Hercules asked and cocked an eyebrow. "She said her name was Sally." Alex said to them. The three looked at each other with stunned looks. "Wow, well we gotta go!" John said standing up and leading Hercules and Lafayette our of the hospital.

"Wow....no wonder she was sad," John muttered as they walked out. "I wish we could help her out." He added. Suddenly, Hercule's eyes widened, " Maybe we can!" He said. John and Lafayette looking at him confused, "Mon ami, I'm not sure what you mean." He told Hercules. "We can help Y/n by showing Alexander how much she likes him and try and get them together!" Hercules exclaimed with excitement. "But How would we do that?" Lafayette asked. "We'll make a plan!"

(A week later)

Still 3rd person POV:

It was a week after John, Hercules, and Lafayette first talked about their plan which they hoped would work out. Though they were losing a bit of hope. Alexander had fallen for the young nurse, Sally, and has almost completely forgotten about Y/n. This broke Y/n's heart and the two of them were slowly drifting farther and farther away from each other as everyday passed.

On a cold January morning, a few days after troops went to a battle with other Britain troops and many had gotten injured. Alexander, John, and Lafayette were outside eating the tasteless mush that they hate so much, firecake. All was quiet until John glanced over at Lafayette who nodded. John swallowed what was in his mouth before speaking. "So Alex, how's it been going with you and that nurse?" He asked. Alex looked up at John confused why he sudd rly brought up Sally. "You mean Sally? We've been getting a lot closer, I think she's the one actually!" He exclaimed.

John and Lafayette exchanged and uneasy look before turning their attention back to Alex. "Random question...uh what do you think of Y/n?" He asked. Alex shrugged, "I'm not sure, we don't talk that much anymore." He said before shoving a spoonful of firecake into his mouth. "Did you...ya know....have a crush on her?" John asked with a bit of caution. Alex once again shrugged, "I don't know, I might have but it was probably a small one. But I have Sally and that's all the matters."

(Meanwhile...)

Hercules was also questioning Y/n but the two were in the hospital. "So...what do you think of Alex?" Hercules asked as Y/n was organizing the medication shelf. She sighed, "Don't even bother bringing his name up ever again." Y/n mumbled darkly. Hercules chuckled nervously, "What do you think of Sally?" He asked. Y/n rolled her eyes, "She extremely pretty and I can see why Hamilton chose her." Y/n replied. Though when she said that, she felt her eyes start to water a bit but she tried her best not to let it show.

"Why are you asking so many questions?" She asked Hercules. "No reason in particular." Hercules said before standing up. "Well, I gotta get going!" He said before walking out of the hospital.

Not long after, he met up with John and Lafayette.

John's POV:

"So, how did the questioning go?" I asked Hercules. He sighed in disappointment, "Not so well, she's hurt." He said sadly. "How about Alex?" Lafayette shook her head, "No luck, he's completely lost interest." He said. All three of us sighed at the same time.

"Maybe they aren't meant to be together." I point out, but Hercules shook his head. "No! They are meant to be together!" Hercules exclaimed but Lafayette crossed his arms. "We should just give up...." he said. I nodded and eventually Hercules also agreed. "We'll just have to leave it like this then...."