♗ Two ♗

Y/n's POV:

It has been three months since I became a nurse and I was loving it. Though what I wasn't loving was the winter in Valley Forge. Men were either sick, starving, or cold, and non of the nurses could help most of them. The nurses at the camp only had a limited amount of resources and we were only allowed to used them on those who were at the verge of death. It was painful watching men dying because of such a harsh winter.

One day while I was checking how many supplies I had, I heard a familiar voice. "Good morning Ms. Y/n!" I turned around and saw Charlotte at the entrence of my tent.

Charlotte was the daughter of one of the soldiers that was here at Valley Forge. He had not family that could care for Charlotte while he was at war, his wife had died and he left his family that is in England a long time ago. He didn't want to leave his daughter with a complete stranger for however long the war would last. The only choice he had was to bring her along. He asked all of the nurses, including me, if we could take care of Charlotte throughout the day and we all agreed. In the mornings, Charlotte would come to my tent first, spend an hour with me, then go to the next tent.

All the nurses loved Charlotte as if she was their own daughter, and if I'm being completely honest, I saw her as a younger sister.

"What are you doing?" She asked. She walked inside and sat down on one of the two beds that were in my tent. "Seeing what supplies I have and what I need." I told her. We had a small conversation when suddenly I heard some hollering. I turned my head around when I heard someone come in. A saw Lafayette helping another man who I didn't know into my tent. "Y/n, mon amie, please help." I rushed over to the man and helped him into the bed and helped in lie down. I saw some blood on the sleeve of his left arm.

3rd person:

Y/n proceed to remove the man's coat and any clothing that was blocking her from healing his wound. She rushed to her shelf of ointment and grabbed some things before rushing back. "This may sting a bit." She muttered to him. She poured some alcohol onto a piece of cloth and quickly but gently put it on the mans wound. He yelped in pain but bit his lip trying not to let any other screams escape his mouth.

Y/n quickly cleaned his wound before looking around, there was nothing to dress the wound with, that was the last piece of cloth she had at the moment. Without hesitation, she tore some fabric off the end of her skirt and tied it around the man's arm tightly. Y/n lets out a sigh of relief when she finished. She stood up and turned her head towards Charlotte. "Charlotte, go to Polly Cooper's tent and get some cloth for dressing wounds." She told her. Charlotte nodded before running off.

"Will he be alright?" Lafayette asked. Y/n turned to him and nodded, "Yes, he just needs plenty of rest." She reassured him. "What's his name so I can write it down on my log." She walked to my desk and grabbed a paper that had the names of people who checked into my tent. "Alexander Hamilton." He told me. Y/n wrote the name down quickly and the date. "You should go now, I will have you called over if anything happens." She told him. "Thank you again mon amie."

Alexander's POV:

Pain was still coursing through my arm. I opened my eyes a little bit and saw what I thought was an angle for a second. I was about to sit up but the pain in my arm prevented me from moving. The girl turned around and I guess she saw my eyes were open a little bit. She walked over to me, "Are you alright?" She said. Her voice was soft like silk and the words flowed out of her mouth like a river. "Y-yes...I am." Were the only things I managed to get out of my mouth.

Behind the woman, I see a young girl rush in with cloth in her arms. "Thank you Charlotte." The woman said to the girl, she took the cloth and out of on the shelf of medics she had. "Your welcome Ms. Y/n, I'm going to go now." The girl said before racing off. 'Y/n? What a beautiful name...' I thought in my mind. Y/n grabbed a blanket she had on one of the shelves and put it on me. "I hope this keeps you warm for now." She said to me. She walked to my side and gently grabbed my arm. She removed the cloth that she ripped off from her skirt earlier and put in my arm, it was pretty bloody.

She grabbed a new piece of cloth and wrapped that around my arm. "How does that feel?" She asked as she tightened it a bit. "It feels fine." I told her. She nodded and gave me smile. "Is there anything you need you would like?" She asked me. I shook my head, "Not at the moment. I said a bit weakly. I felt myself grow tired and I closed my eyes and almost instantly, I fell asleep.