♗ Three ♗

Y/n's POV:

It was a month since Alex went to my tent injured, many things changed in camp during that time. More women were coming to the camp to either be cooks, clean cloths, be a nurse, etc. Also, the nurses moved to a small cabin that was used as the hospital instead of having our own separate tents. I'll admit, it was much warmer in there than it was in the tents. But, more and more men were dying everyday. It got to a point we're about 10 men died everyday. All the women in the camp teamed up and knitted socks, blankets, and other stuff to keep the soldiers warm, but that didn't put away the fact that many men were dying from thirst and starvation.

The snow was so thin that it was difficult to gather water from it, and we barley had any food. The best thing we could make was something we called 'firecake'. It was a tasteless mixture of flour and water, although it was tasteless and nobody liked it, it was better than nothing.

One day, I was outside wearing my f/c outwear to keep me warm while I was washing some uniforms. Suddenly, in the corner of my eye, I saw someone sit beside me. I looked over and saw Alex sitting beside me, not saying a word. A chuckle escaped my lips, "Hello Hamilton." I said breaking the silence. "Hello..." he muttered.

"Is something wrong?" I asked. I turned my attention back to the cloths I was washing.

"Nothing in particular..." he muttered back.

"If you say so!" I say to him not looking away from the cloths.

"I'm...confused about something." He finally said after 30 seconds. "What are you confused about?" I asked. I looked up at him and patted my hands dry on my skirt.

"There's this girl," I suddenly felt something in my chest as he said that, it was like discomfort. My stomach also began feeling weird but I continued to listen. "and every time I looked at her or talk to her, I feel this weird feeling in my stomach. I feel my face grow hot and-" I stopped him. "Sounds like you're in love." I say to him.

He looked at me his shock. "A-are you sure?" He asked. I nodded, "Yeah...I'm sure..." I tell him. I suddenly stood up and gathered the wet cloths I just washed. "I have to go." I say and walk away.

(Later...)

"Can you believe it? Another women! Have I not made it obvious that I like him?!" After Alex and I became closer friends, him and Lafayette introduced me to their other friends John Laurens and Hercules Mulligan and they were the first people I turned to to complain.

"Calm down Y/n, maybe we was talking about-" Hercules started but I interrupted him. "You calm down Mulligan, your not the one who worried over him for two weeks." I say angrily. Laurens lets out a low whistle and I heard Lafayette chuckle.

"You should not worry mon amie, he'll come to his senses sooner or later." Lafayette told me and patted my shoulder in a comforting manner. I sighed, "I have to go." I said before walking away.

Alexander's POV:

After Y/n stormed off, I was left there, sitting in the snow, confused. 'In...love?!' I thought in my head. I shook the thought away. "I barley know her though..." I muttered. I stood up and began walking around camp. The winter was getting worse and worse and there was no sign of it getting better. 'Congress needs to hurry with supplies.' I thought in my head as I looked at all the men around me. All of them were hungry and cold and there was nothing any of us could do about it.

As I was walking around, I saw Y/n with John, Hercules, and Lafayette, but as I was walking over to them, Y/n walked away. "Is everything alright?" I asked the guys. "Yeah, she's just in one of her moods." John replied. I turned my head and watched Y/n continue to walk away. I sighed and turned back to the guys. "So, What's to eat today?" I asked. "Firecake." Lafayette told me. A frown covered my face, "Wonderful..."

A/n:

Hello everyone! Thank you for reading this chapter and thank you to everyone who has been commenting and voting on my last two chapters! You guys are the best!💖