Chapter 2

— "We Meet Again" —

Chaeyeon's POV

July 27, 2017

9:03 am | Incheon Int'l Airport

I arrived safely in Incheon. God, I have to admit, I missed Korea. I want to try all Korean foods like there's no tomorrow. Even though I only have few friends in my entire lifetime, I want to meet and hang out with them. But does anyone of them knew that I'm already mute?

Yeah, there's one...

Kim Taehyung

Speaking of Taehyung, I didn't informed him that I returned to Korea. He's probably busy these days because you know... he's a famous soloist. He probably doesn't have time to chat around. He's my childhood friend and also my neighbor who lived across the street. Our friendship is something I couldn't describe. Until middle school, we were always together during late nights until 4 am. When we reached high school, those meetings stopped and our friendship eventually halted.

It was my fault, anyway. I met people, tried something new... and lose interest in hanging out with him.

I eventually approached him before the dreadful day happened. He must've thought I'm finally leaving his life for good because I disappeared after the adventurous night I spent with him.

When he graduated high school, he became an idol. He was the lead vocalist of MOONLIGHT, one of the famous boy groups in Korea which just disbanded recently. I became a fan of that boy group and I've got to admit, I had a crush on Taehyung. He was quiet and a nerd back then.

But now... damn... puberty hit him like a truck. Girls are swooning over him.

He met and recognized me during their concert in Los Angeles. During their stay in LA, he spent late nights with me until 4 am, just the way we used to do years ago. There, he found out the truth why I left Korea.

🌙

"CHAEYEON-AH!!!" a voice came from afar. It was Yoongi waving at me with his gummy smile.

"CHAE-CHAE!!!!!" Hobi Oppa shouted.

I slightly ran towards them and had a group hug in the arrival area. My heart melts like a chocolate after seeing their genuine smiles. God, I'm so lucky to have handsome cousins.

I looked around, looking for Uncle Jaewook.

"Are you looking for Dad?" Hobi asked as if he knew.

I nodded.

"Dad had some important matters to do, that's why he didn't come."

"We're going to your house and get your Dad's car", Yoongi said excitingly to me. What's he excited for, lol

Going back to my house... Going back to my neighborhood... What a time to reminisce good memories...

🌙

We're going to my house to pick up one of my Dad's car. I'm actually staying in Yoongi and Hobi's place because they don't want me to live alone in my own house. So protective cuties.

"Hyung is really excited to go to your house, Chae. He always wanted to ride one of Uncle's sweet wheels." Hobi chuckled as Yoongi gave him a quick death glare. So that's why he was excited, lol. "Aren't you, hyung?"

"Shut up!" Yoongi replied without looking at Hobi as he is focusing on driving.

"Poor Hyung. Chaeyeon will use all of them to go to her university. Don't let him ride Uncle's wheels, arraseo Chae?" Hobi said jokingly.

I just smiled. Lol, what else should I do if I can't speak? When my parents are still alive, Dad was the one who taught Yoongi and Hobi how to drive. I only learned it from Aunt Yeonji way back when I was still in LA. I wouldn't mind if Yoongi  or Hobi use my Dad's cars. As long as they pay for the gas. There are 3 cars, so one for each of us ㅋㅋㅋ

🌙

We finally arrived at my house. It's been 6 years and it's still beautiful as it is. As we entered the house, Yoongi lays down to the couch. Hobi went straight to the fridge. My eyes widened when I saw the fridge was stuffed. No one lives here but why is the fridge stuffed with food?!

"If you're asking why there's food in here. Yoongi Hyung and I stay here every other day and we bring our friends sometimes." Hobi looked at me, answering my confused face. I'm sure Mom and Dad wouldn't want this house to rot. I wouldn't want it either.

"The same goes for you, Chae. You'll stay here every other day." Yoongi responded. Every other day, you're in their place and in the next day is yours. Not a bad idea.

"Oh..." He added

"The guy who lives across the street is always staring at this house"

My eyes widened. Wait, he meant Taehyung didn't he?

"Yeah, we already caught him several times. He's mostly staring at their balcony." Hobi stated as he plops himself on the other couch.

"Chaeyeon, do you know him?"

I nodded.

🌙

It was already 2 pm, Yoongi and Hobi left to buy some groceries and told me I need to rest after a long flight from LA. But I said that I'll be taking a short visit to my new university, Seohyun University. My two cousins allowed me to leave but I should go home early and rest. Awh, such caring Oppas.

I went outside where Uncle Jaewook's car (The one we rode to get here) was parked. Uhm, yeah... I let Yoongi Oppa use the Mercedes Benz ㅋㅋㅋ

I was about to open the car's door until I heard a deep, sexy voice speaking to me across the street

"Chaeyeon?"

It's Taehyung

He shook his head in disbelief. He came towards me while my eyes widened and my cheeks starting to become red. Why am I like this?

He caressed my cheeks, only to prove that I'm physically right in front him.

I smiled. He smiled back with his rectangular smile. Damn.

He pulled me into his embrace and he hugged me so tight like there's no tomorrow.

"It's really you."

I wrapped my arms around his waist, hugging him back.

Yeah, I missed him too... I guess.