Chapter 11

— Episode 9: "A Threat" —

Taehyung takes Chaeyeon to a local park for a serene walk. There hasn't any much people around so Taehyung is comfortable to roam around. Their walk was a quiet one (since Taehyung doesn't have any topic to share and Chaeyeon obviously can't speak)  but for the both them, their presence to each other is what matters right now.

Chaeyeon's POV

After our walk, we decided to stop at a bench nearby. Without realizing, I am staring at Taehyung who placed his mask under his chin and has his head up on the clouds with his eyes closed. Different thoughts ran through my mind as I stare at his side profile. I could tell that he's been going through something. Clearly, it is about his former group MOONLIGHT. I just wonder why they disbanded so soon and suddenly though...

But I truly believe that there's something more rather than that — something that he's been trying to hide from anyone, including his parents. I suddenly remembered what happened to him weeks ago. That text message... It's bothering me so bad. But why?

Taehyung opens his eyes and I quickly avert my gaze. I could see him staring at me from my periphery.

"Chaeyeon-ah" He suddenly spoke, with a deep but soft voice. Damn.
I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Let's go grab some ice cream." He flashed a smile and I playfully nodded. He puts his mask back to cover his mouth. We both stood up from the bench and continue to walk to look for an ice cream parlor.

🌙

Taehyung's POV

Instead of an ice cream parlor, we found a ice cream vendor walking around the park with his cart. I called out to him and went towards his direction.

He has three flavors to choose from: Chocolate, Mango and Strawberry.
"What flavor do you like?" I asked Chaeyeon as I took off my mask again.

Chaeyeon pointed at me. Telling me to choose the flavor for the both of us.
"Two strawberries, please." I politely spoke to the vendor.
"Hey, you're V, aren't you?" The vendor smiled as he scoops the cone with ice cream.

"Ye, aboenim." I replied and smiled back.
"Aigooo. My daughter is a big fan of yours." He grinned and handed me the first cone then started to scoop the second cone. "She's right. You are one fine man."

I got flustered at his statement then glanced at Chaeyeon who was smirking.
"And who's this?" The vendor looked at Chaeyeon.
"She's my childhood friend."
"She's beautiful." He replied as he handed Chaeyeon the second cone. Ye, aboenim. She's really beautiful, indeed. She blushed at the vendor's compliment.

We bid goodbye to the ice cream vendor and resume walking.

"Chaeyeon-ah, you're beautiful." I teased her. It's true, anyway.
She looked at me eye-widened. Her cheeks are getting rosier than ever. She must be wondering why I suddenly said that.

Her shocked look turned into a weird one as she scrunches her face and stick her ice cream onto the tip of my nose.

"YA!!!"

She grinned and ran away afterwards. I wiped off the ice cream stain from my nose and chased her.

"AIIISSSH, YOO CHAEYEON!!!"

🌙

Chaeyeon's POV

After all the silly chase Taehyung and I did, we eventually got tired and sat on a bench to finish our ice cream. Not going to lie, but the strawberry ice cream from that aboenim was really good.

Here we are, walking again. So this is our friendly date, huh? It's mostly strolling at the park but to be honest, I didn't mind at all. He's going through something and he needs someone to be with him, to comfort him no matter how during these times.

As we continue walking...

we suddenly heard a sound of a gun.

Everyone from the area screamed and ran away. A bullet almost hit us.

"CHAEYEON!" Taehyung grabs me by my shoulders as we retreated to a nearby tree. I saw a glimpse of the shooter hiding from a rooftop, it was a woman in a black leather jacket and black bucket hat but her face is unrecognized because she is wearing a mask. Her appearance is almost similar to my identity as Black Lotus. She is following our direction, as if one of us is her aim.

WAIT, WHAT?!

Before I look further, we hid behind the tree. Taehyung is embracing me tight while I cover my ears in agony as the culprit keeps shooting bullets.

*BANG*

Taehyung suddenly fell onto his knees, groaning in pain. I quickly embraced him so he wouldn't completely fall off the ground. A BULLET HIT HIS LEFT ARM.

But thank goodness it was only a steel bullet.

I took a last glance at the shooter who swiftly escaped from the scene.
Who was that?

🌙

Anonymous's POV

I happened to be at the same area where the shooting occurred.

I saw it with my two eyes — the woman's target was either Chaeyeon or Taehyung. But when Taehyung got hit, she immediately escaped. Does anyone bear Taehyung a grudge?

My mind is completely lost over the thought that the woman might be aiming for Chaeyeon.

I cannot let anyone hurt Chaeyeon.

I couldn't save her before. But now, I have to do anything to save her from the people who wants to witness the complete fall of the Yoos.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello to all readers whoever anticipating this fic... I'm currently savoring my semestral break here in my province, Marinduque 😍

Please do not give up on this fic, I promise you that every chapter is getting better.

HMU on twitter: @/sugarchims
or in my curiouscat: http://curiouscat.me/sugarchims