Cinco

• Dedicated to Mauricio Coronado

5. Have a character retell one of the Disney Stories.

                                                              ☀ ☀ ☀

 "Rapunzel: So I have made the decision to trust you.

  Flynn: A horrible decision, really."

-Rapunzel to Flynn, Tangled.

"And then, when Rapunzel and the Prince, like, found themselves again, Rapunzel was crying so her tears cleared up the Prince's eyes and he could see again and everything was all good." Jack finished his story quickly, trying to get it over with.

"That's bullcrap." Ellie said to him, once she was sure he was done telling his story.

Ellie really wasn't up to tolerating Miss Fischer's Biology class today. Ed wasn't kidding yesterday when he said she'd barely been able to give the class because of a cold, and Ellie was certain that it had gotten worse overnight.

So she'd asked for permission to go to the bathroom, and really didn't plan on returning, only until there was five minutes left of the class.

She'd decided to hang out in the computer classroom –since there were hardly any people there at this time of the day- and had found Jack scrolling through Tumblr on his favorite computer. She didn't have to ask to know he was skipping Physics (something he really shouldn't do.)

So to entertain themselves they'd decided to sit outside on the lunch tables and tell classic fairy tales. He'd tell the original version –which for some reason he knew a lot of- and she'd tell the Disney version.

So far, he'd told her The Little Mermaid (which Ellie already knew about and read every version of Hans Christian Andersen's story there was available),Snow White, Briar Rose, and The Princess and The Frog.

Now, he was just finishing with Rapunzel.

According to him, Rapunzel wasn't even a princess, and her parents had to give her up to an enchantress because when her mother was pregnant, she wanted to have some sort of weird herb that the enchantress grew in her garden. She wanted the herb so much, that she began to die. The father decided to steal the herb from the garden, but was caught by the enchantress who made him promise he'd give her his first child, which he did.

So Rapunzel grew up in her tower and all that stuff, and she'd let down her hair to bring up the enchantress –who was actually named Dame Gothel- until one day a prince was riding by and overheard her singing. Then he hid behind some rocks or some stuff like that, and saw what Gothel did to climb up onto the tower, and he did the same. So when Rapunzel pulled him up, they fell in love and stuff and then she got pregnant and accidentally spilled the beans to Gothel. So Gothel cut off her hair, and the next time the prince climbed up the tower, Gothel pushed him out or something like that and he fell into some thorns, which blinded him, and then Gothel banished Rapunzel.

After a few years of roaming the forest blind, the Prince and Rapunzel finally reunited and then Rapunzel cried and her tears un-blinded him and they lived happily ever after with their kids.

"It's the true story, Ellie." Jack told her. She shook her head, and turned to look at him.

"Have you ever seen Tangled?" she asked him.

"Nope." he responded.

"Good, because this will make it all the more interesting. So, in Tangled, Rapunzel's parents are actually King and Queen, and when the Queen is pregnant, she gets really sick. So the King sends his soldiers to look for a magical flower that's made out of a drop of sunlight that fell from the sky."