Twelve

12. Have a scene take place in the Disney Store.

                                                            ☀ ☀ ☀

 "I got a jar of dirt! I got a jar of dirt! And guess what's inside it?"

-Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of The Caribbean.

"Sam wants you to come over today so you two can have a re-match in game guns." Ellie heard Celia say as she struggled to balance her phone between her shoulder and ear while she tried to tie her sneakers.

"Gun game." Ellie told Celia as she tied the double-knot, something she had grown used to ever since Paige had had this habit of un-tying them in the 3rd grade.

"What?" Celia absently asked.

"It's called a gun game, Cele."

"Oh." she said.

Ellie let out a little laugh. The funniest thing about her getting the names wrong was that she actually played; she just didn't feel the need to say the names correctly.

"Yeah. Anyway, I can't. Gotta meet Lionel in half an hour."

"Wait, meet who?"

"Lionel."

"Since when are you 'meeting Lionel'?"

"Oh... I didn't tell you?"

"You obviously didn't."

Ellie took a while to answer, still debating whether she should take a 20-dollar bill or a 50-dollar one, not sure if she was actually going to buy anything at the mall.

Maybe if she bribed Lionel with ice cream, he'd want to cooperate more.

She decided to go with the 20 one, and stuffed it in her pant's pocket.

"Phoebus asked me to run lines with him today."

"Who?"

"Phoebus. Lionel. I call him Phoebus because he looks like-"

"I know who Phoebus is. He actually offered to run lines with you?"

"Yeah... I guess."

"Like, voluntarily?"

"Well...." Ellie trailed off, not sure how Celia was going to take what Ellie was about to tell her. Not that it was her concern, but Celia usually had this habit of scolding her for whatever she thought Ellie had done wrong.

"Well?"

"Remember I told you I talked to White?"

"Yeah...?"

"I kinda cried in front of her for casting him as Eric and told her he isn't doing shit."

"You what!?"

"So I kinda ratted him out..."

"Geez, Ellie..."

"So he's running lines with me."

"Where are you meeting him? His place?"

"No, the mall."

"What? Why the mall?"

"Cuz he works at Roots and his car is at the shop so he needs a ride."

"Aw, he works at Roots?"