|the fourth kiss|

I stared at the board lethargically, trying to stay awake. My heavy eyelids were definitely not cooperating and my mouth chose that moment to yawn.

I shook my head, trying to shake away my sleepiness, but failed as all sounds surrounding me started fading away. Before I knew it, I was in my own dreamland.

"Miss White!" A strict voice sounded by my ear and I jumped, standing up from my seat. "Sorry Miss, that won't happen again," I said loudly. Miss Smith, my Biology teacher turned around to look at me and frowned. "What are you talking about Aria?" My eyes widened as I heard my classmates snigger. Oh shyt. "Its nothing Miss," I gave her my best fake smile and turned to my right, narrowing my eyes at the dark-haired boy.

"What the hell were you doing?" I harshly whispered to him as he continued laughing, clutching his stomach.

"You should have seen your face," Jasper managed to say amidst his chuckles and I rolled my eyes. "What did you want?" I asked, a little annoyed as I plopped back down on my seat.

"There's drool on your face," Jasper pointed to my cheek and my face flushed as I attempted to wipe the said drool off with the back of my hand.

"You-" I huffed out, punching Jasper on his shoulder. There wasn't any drool.

"Sorry, I couldn't resist. You're cute when you're angry," Jasper chuckled as he pinched one side of my cheek gently.

I flattened my lips into a thin line and repeated my question. "What did you want Jasper?"

"We were paired together for our Chemistry project, didn't you hear?" He asked me.

I thought hard. Since when was I paired with him?

Oh...must have happened when I was fast asleep.

"Sorry, I must have been sleeping," I scratched my head sheepishly as I pulled a chair from nearby and gestured for Jasper to sit.

Jasper shook his head with a small smile and proceeded to place his notebook on my desk.

*

"So... your house today?" Jasper asked as we walked to the cafeteria. "Yep," I replied popping the 'p'.

"Is that a date I hear?" Dylan came bouncing over to us and slung his heavy arms over both our shoulders. Oof.

"No," I shook my head. "We were paired up for a project."

"Oh..." Dylan trailed off as his attention shifted to a red-head walking pass us. "She's hot," he smirked while Jasper and I rolled our eyes. Typical Dylan.

The three of us arrived at the cafeteria and made our way over to our usual spot, spotting our friends who were staring at each other, pretty intently I might say.

I tried my best to hold my squeal and made my way to a seat nonchalantly.

I sat down opposite Lucy and was squashed between Dylan and Jasper who plopped down beside me. I mentally groaned as I focused my attention on Lucy and Lucas who were smiling at each other. Hmm...something fishy was going on.

"Come on, let's leave the pair of lovebirds alone," Jasper smirked and I quirked my brows as Dylan looked at the pair in confusion. He noticed it too.

"What're you talking about?" Dylan asked curiously as the three of us walked to the lines. "Can't you see the way they're looking at each other?" Jasper answered and I shrugged. It's best not to say anything.

"Say...does Lucas like Lucy?" I asked as casually as possible. "I think he's interested." The reply came from Jasper.

"Then...why don't we matchmake the two of them?" I looked at the both of them, grinning like a Cheshire cat.

The both of them smirked and at that moment, I knew we had reached a consensus. 

*

"What were we supposed to do again?" I asked Jasper lazily, stretching my arms on the beanbag. 

Jasper was over at my house, meeting up for the project we were supposedly paired up for. 

"We are supposed to research on a chosen reptile's DNA," he answered as he walked towards me and sat down, leaning against my beanbag. 

"Which reptile do you want to work on?" Jasper asked and I shrugged, "I'm fine with anything as long as it's not snakes." Hearing the word itself makes me cringe. Those long slithery creatures. 

Jasper let out a small smile at my response, "will crocodiles do then?" I nodded and we both took out our laptops and began our research. 

"Hey, I have something to show you," Jasper called out all of a sudden, distracting me. "What's up?" I turned my head towards him and he flashed a photo in front of me. It took me a second to realize who that was. 

"You–" My eyes widened. It was a picture of me fast asleep with my mouth partly open. Jasper laughed and stood up when I tried to reach for his phone. "Hey! Delete that!" I demanded, standing up as well. 

"Why don't you come get it from me?" He taunted, knowing that I could not reach for it even if I stood on my tiptoes. He's over 6 feet, for goodness sake. 

"Come back here Jasper," I said dangerously, narrowing my eyes at him. That only made him smirk and move further away from me. 

"You're dead if I catch you," I warned as I darted towards him, reaching for the phone.

All of a sudden, my feet were no longer on the ground and my surroundings spun. I shut my eyes tightly as I braced myself for the impact, and felt myself landing on a hard body. Not to mention, the feeling of someone's lips against my own's.

Opening my eyes meekly, I saw Jasper's face right in front of me and I couldn't help but mentally facepalm. How many times has it been? 

"Oh my, sorry to intrude!" I heard my mother exclaim and quickly jumped off the bed. "Mom! It's not what it looks like!" I shouted after she closed the door and left as quickly as she came. 

"Oh god...I've got tons to explain now," I said sighing as I plopped down on the beanbag. 

"Are you already immune to our kisses? Seeing that you had no reaction at all..." Jasper chuckled and I shrugged. 

This was the fourth time, but who's keeping count, right?