An Unexpected Visitor

~* What did you guys think of the last chapter? Nothing bad, I hope. I'm sorry for not updating in so long! Thanks for a vote already! *~

Rumplestiltskin's POV

"I wonder who that could be?" I mutter under my breath after the knock on the door, pushing back the chair and standing up. "Stay here, Belle."

I walk to the doors of the entrance hall, when I suddenly get the strangest feeling. It may just be another weakling customer at the door, but what if it's someone else?

What if it's...

I push the thought to the back of my mind, and transport myself to the front doors instead. I can't shake the feeling. I pull the door open wide, ready to frighten a peasant at my door, when I see something that makes my blood run cold.

Or rather, someone.

"YOU!" I snarl at her, loathing the very sight of her. "WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE HERE?! AFTER WHAT YOU DID TO HER!"

The Queen looks me up and down, not caring about my outburst in the least. Her insolent expression is as apparent as ever, complete with a frown tinted with blood-red lipstick, and dark, bottomless eyes that lost the light in them long ago. Finally, after what seems like ages, her lips curl up into a cold smile.

"I have every right to be here," she says slowly, looking down at me with a sneer. "After all, you are in my kingdom, and I am the Queen."

"Just because my castle is in your kingdom doesn't mean it's under your jurisdiction," I reply through gritted teeth. I would like nothing more than to turn her into something that better fits her personality. A toad, perhaps?

Her voice snaps me out of my reverie.

"I just wanted to let you know that just because you've taken one of my chess pieces does not mean you have me beat. I have much more in store for you and that... toy of yours," she says, smirking and crossing her arms over her chest. "However, first of all, I have but one question for you, and I'll be out of your hair for now."

"What is it?" I ask, managing to suppress my rage and keep a stoic expression on my face.

"Do you know why she hasn't said a word about her time as a prisoner?" she questions, one of her eyebrows perking up.

"Because it was a traumatizing experience for her, I'm sure."

"Oh, dearest Rumple, of course not," she says with another one of her cold smiles. "I mean, that might be part of it, but no."

"Then what?" I ask sarcastically, playing along. She simply wants something to pass the time, is that it?

She leans in close, and the grin she gives me reminds me of a shark closing in on its prey.

"Next time you ask her, don't ask about the experience. Ask about the people- who she met." With that, she stands back and disappears in a swirling cloud of purple smoke.

I am left blinking at the open air, my head spinning with this new riddle. What does she mean? Who did Belle meet? Were they the ones who traumatized her? Did they threaten her? ... Did they torture her?

I step back inside and close the front doors, walking swiftly across the entrance hall and pushing open the doors to the dining hall. Belle pushes back her chair and stands up, looking at me with an expression that I can't seem to decipher.

... Guilt?

Belle's POV

I knew I couldn't have kept it a secret for long. Rumple was bound to find out eventually- he has a way of doing that. I just thought it would have taken longer than this.