A Secret Revealed

*~ Wowowowowow! So how'd you like that last ending? What questions do you have? How did Rumple save Belle from the dungeon if she had already escaped with Graham? Don't worry, they'll all be answered soon enough... Oh, and thanks for the votes and comments!~*

Belle's POV, Present Day

I turn my attention away from the burning fireplace beside me and back to Rumple. He, too, is staring into it, with a perplexed expression on his face.

"So this... Graham... he helped you to escape?" Rumple asks, turning to face me. His face changed somehow, it's now a bit colder and cruel. "And you just decided to run away with him?"

"It seemed to be my only chance, I-"

"Don't start with that. You could have ditched him and escaped on your own. You're so stubborn sometimes, nothing can stand in your way. So why did you leave with him?"

He leans forward in his chair, resting his elbows on his knees, and now I feel like I'm being interrogated.

"Did it have something to do with his good looks? 'Finally, I'll be saved by a prince like in all the books I've ever read!' Was that it? Answer me, Belle!"

"It was nothing like that!" I stand, infuriated. "I just wanted to get out of there! At the time, I had no interest in him whatsoever!"

"What did you say?" He asks, quietly. I realize my mistake, slowly sinking back down into my chair.

"Did you say... at the time?" He whispers.

I turn my head away from him. "He... I... He was... I don't want to talk about this anymore. It's my personal business."

"So you became interested in him afterward?! What happened?! TELL ME, BELLE, TELL-"

"Rumple!" I cry. His hand is clamped around my wrist, and the pain is outstanding. All thoughts of Graham are forced out of my mind.

He freezes, looking down at what he's doing. With one look at me, he disappears, leaving nothing but empty air. I am left alone to curl up in my chair and cry, and that's exactly what I do. The tears won't stop anytime soon.

Rumplestiltskin's POV, Present Day

It's been ten minutes since I left Belle in the library, and still my head has yet to stop reeling. I am sitting on the bed in one of the spare guest rooms. I'm not quite sure which one. I slowly fall back onto the bed, staring up at the gray ceiling.

Did Belle... fall in love with Graham?

Would she do that to me?

I mean, she said so herself, she thought I didn't care for her anymore, (which is a lie), that I didn't want anything to do with her (which is also a lie). She would have had no trouble moving on...

Maybe the past few weeks have been a ploy. Maybe she's planning to run away with him any week, any day, any hour now.

But why would she come back?

It's the Meena and Hook situation all over again. Except Meena never came back.

This is what you get for trusting people, Rumple... A voice whispers from the back of my mind.

After all, there's no story where the beauty falls in love with the beast.

If I ever get my hands on this "Graham", I'll kill him, I swear it.

Belle's POV

I think I've been crying for hours now. I lost track of time. Every time I have a new thought, a wave of tears come. I had built a dam in my mind in the past few weeks to stop any overwhelming emotions, and it just broke.

What must Rumple think of me now?

Why did I run away with Graham then instead of leaving by myself?

If I had just stuck to my original plan, everything that followed wouldn't have happened...

My time with Graham...

My eyes feel strange when I finally stop crying. I sniffle one last time, wipe my face with my sleeve, and put on a brave face. Now I have to find Rumple.

He's somewhere in the castle, that much I'm sure of. And calling for him won't do any good. I just need to be near him right now, to feel like everything is alright for a few precious moments, even though I know it's not possible.

It takes me about twenty minutes when I finally find him. He's laying on the bed in one of the guest rooms in sort of an awkward position, half of his body on the bed, and the other off it.

I think he's asleep.

I tiptoe over to him, breathing a sigh of relief when I see his sleeping expression. With a great amount of effort, I manage to get him in a correct position on the bed. I climb in after him, laying down next to him and softly kissing him so as not to wake him.

His eyes open a sliver.

"Do you love me, Belle?" he whispers, slightly turning his head toward me.

"How could I not?" I whisper back, kissing him once more.

He sighs and brushes the back of his hand across my cheek, his eyes fully open now.

"But how can you love a beast like me?"

"I judge people by what's in their heart. Your heart is strong, and though it fights darkness, it remains true. I couldn't ask for anything more."

He looks pained for a second, but the expression soon passes.

"Finish the story in the morning for me, Belle," he mutters, pressing his forehead to mine.

"I could finish it now, if y-"

He silences me with his lips pressed to mine, his arms slowly wrapping around me. I smile against the kiss and wrap my arms around his neck, and there we lay for the rest of the night.

*~ Ooooh wow drama much? Haha, don't worry, there's still much of the story to tell. I don't think the ending is "inappropriate" but sorry to those who think it is. I might even write a more detailed scene in the future... who knows? I just like them being cute together. Thanks for reading! Comment any questions, and i'll try to answer without ruining the story! ~*