The Crash

*~ Sorry I haven't updated! I've been so very busy. But school's out, and that means a lot more time for writing! Here we go!~*

Belle's POV, Present Day

I awake with Rumple's protective arm around me, feeling his chest rise and fall with every breath he took against my back. His breathing is slow. He's still asleep.

I'm slightly startled by my unfamiliar surroundings when I remember that we fell asleep in the guest bedroom. Rumple's outburst yesterday evening feels more like a dream than anything else. Of course, I've already forgiven him. How could I not? I love him.

I yawn, my eyes now fully open. I roll onto my back, still against Rumple, and stare at the ceiling. Should I finish the story today? Does he even want to hear anymore? Perhaps we should-

"Belle," I hear Rumple sigh. I'm pretty sure it's sleep talk.

"Belle, don't leave me. Don't ever-"

I turn on my side to face him, smiling softly at his sleeping expression. I plant a small kiss on his forehead, and he quiets, his slow breathing returning.

"I won't ever leave you," I whisper.

I gently push his arm off me, sitting up in bed.

"Rumple," I reach over to shake him by the shoulder, and pause. I should let him sleep in today.

I walk out of the room, having no doubt that Rumple let the rooms in his castle gather grime and dust while I was gone. I am about to walk into another guest room when a few loud knocks on the entrance door echo throughout the halls.

"Who could that be?" I mutter, walking to the entrance hall. I stop in my tracks.

What if it's the Queen?

I take a few steps back, and bump into somebody.

"Belle," Rumple whispers into my ear. "Stay right here."

He is about to vanish, when I hear something crash through the front door. Immediately following, there is another crash, but this time it is through the door in front of us.

There is a cloud of dust blocking the identity of the trespasser. Suddenly, they call out.

"Belle!"

I would know that voice anywhere. It was the voice of my rescuer, the voice of the man I stayed with for those three years that I was on the run.

"Belle, it's me, it's Graham!"

*~ Sorry for such a short chapter! I'll start writing the next one later today. This is just to give you guys a little cliffhanger and a taste of what Belle will be dealing with for a while. Thanks for reading! ~*