vii.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

chapter seven;cleo━━━━

chapter seven;
cleo
━━━━

"HE'S REALLY CUTE." ASJHA'S  ATTEMPT OF A whisper is equivalent to one of a child's — comically futile and instead of being said in a hushed tone for their own ears as they conversed quietly amongst themselves, it's heard by other people at surrounding tables; who look up at them, with their expressions reflecting indignation as they rolled their eyes and chided both girls with a stern "shush!" reminding them that the library was meant for studying not gossiping.

Cleo gave them an apologetic look before turning back to Asjha and nudging her in the side, inciting her own chastising tirade as she urged her friend's quiet discretion.

"You're going to get us kicked out of here." She reproaches, to no avail though because Asjha's waving a dismissive hand completely insouciant towards the other students' reprimands. They were supposed to be working on an assignment, but as always when it comes to Asjha, the initial conversation about Contemporary Political Ideologies was immediately substituted by her piqued interest in Cleo and Lando's budding friendship.

It was one day after they'd gotten out of class when they saw Lando standing by their room, waiting for her. He'd greeted her like he always did; with that same boyish smile, full of mirth that stretched across his entire face, his big, doe, brown eyes staring down at her with an adoring softness that had her cheeks flushing underneath the smothering heed of his gaze — something that seemingly struck amusement within Asjha, who stood off to the side smirking impishly at the two. He came by to return her jacket she left in his room the night prior, also handing her a bag of her favorite donuts that she gets from a coffee shop down the street from campus.

"I figured you'd be cold without it..." He says, shrugging as he nudged his chin outwardly. "And that you were probably craving something sweet to eat." He said; sounding and looking a bit bashful in his approach.

(Which she'll admit is very cute.)

She thanked and embraced him in a hug, seemingly rolling her eyes at Asjha whose face was still mocked with amusement. He bid a haste farewell, needing to get to the other side of campus for his next class but had confirmed their plans of hanging out later that night. When he left, Asjha turned to look at her with raised brows and a roguish smirk.

"Looks like you two have gotten close." She acknowledges, and Cleo couldn't exactly deny it because they have gotten much closer; now far from the two strangers that they once were to almost being inseparable and genuine friends. She didn't just like Lando's company, she found comfort in it. It was something that she cherished — how easy things feel when they're around each other, the lightheartedness that settles in the air upon his presence and the overall way he makes her feel. It's so easy for her to get lost in herself, in her schoolwork until it's overwhelming her or has her completely closed off from everything and everyone.