Chapter Four: Date Night

Santana's POV:

So I'm getting ready for my date with Britt and I'm nervous as hell. Britt told me earlier to dress casual, so I got on a short sleeve black v neck, some light blue skinny jeans, black converse with my hair down and a little bit of jewelry. As I check myself in the mirror my 8 year old brother walks by my room.

"Mario come here" I call him.

"Hey San" he says plopping onto my bed.

"I got a date tonight, and I need to look pretty. So how do I look?" I ask him as I do a turn to him.

"Ugh! Cooties." He says as he jumps off my bed and leaves my room. I laugh because I knew that would be his reaction, he's in that "all girls are gross stage" of his life.

"Whatever" I shout to him.

"Don't pay him no mind mija. Estás preciosa mija." Says my Papi.

"Gracias papi" I say.

"By the way, your date is here. So dont be too long." He says.

"No le asustes papi" I shout to him as he laughs while walking out of my room and down the stairs. I need to hurry before he scares her off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brittany's POV:

As I walk up to Santana's door, I take a deep breath and check over myself. I got on a red buttoned up flannel over a white T-shirt, light blue skinny jeans with a hole in my right knee, Black timbs (no it's not cold but timbs go with any and everything.), my light blue jean jacket and my hair is in a pony tail under my black Nike ball cap. If there is anything wrong then it's too late now, I knock on the door and step in after this guy who I assume is Santana's father opens the door and let's me in.

"She should be ready, I'll go let her know you're here." He says as he heads upstairs.

I just wait with my hands in my pockets for a few minutes until he comes back down. On his way down the stairs I hear Santana shout to him and I giggle a bit.

"What's so funny" he ask as he takes a seat while offering me a seat.

"Um, nothing sir. I just overheard what Santana said to you on your way down the stairs about you not scaring me off." I say as I take a seat on the long couch. He looks at me before speaking.

"So you speak Spanish. That's already a plus in my book. My wife is always on me about not speaking my 1st language in front of those who don't speak it because it's rude." He says and I just nod knowing that this is the calm before the storm.

"So, you're taking my baby girl out huh? Well let me just tell you. When it comes to my family I don't play. But when it comes to my daughter, my ONLY daughter, I will go threw hell and high-water to insure that there where be hell to pay and a lesson learned for the asshole who caused the pain". He says looking me straight in the eyes just as Santana walks in the living room. We stand and before anyone can move he puts his hand on my shoulder.

"So Brittany, do we have an understanding about you making sure my daughter stays in good hands?" He ask tightening his grip on my shoulder.

"Yes sir". I say and he let's go of my shoulder and pats my back before he walks out the room letting Santana know her curfew will only be extended an extra 2hrs only for tonight.

"Hey you, you look pretty damn good for casual." I say as I walk up to her.

"Thanks but you don't look so bad yourself." She says as she hugs me.